What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is The Wagoneer & Grand Wagoneer Delayed Again?

Is The Wagoneer & Grand Wagoneer Delayed Again?
It Might Be For A Very Very Good Reason...

91GrandWagoneerP44C8581sfetrs3di4l2jt61dm3ldvmrmj-780x405.jpg

1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Final Edition. (Jeep).

According to our sources, the upcoming 2020 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer (WS) models have been delayed once again. FCA US has been stating the historic Jeep nameplate would be returning since 2013, however the vehicle has been pushed back repeatedly. However, this time it might be for a very good reason.

FCA US confirmed on Jan. 8, 2017, that it would invest a total $1 billion to retool and modernize Warren Truck to produce the all-new Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer and the south plant of the Toledo Assembly Complex (Ohio) to build an all-new Jeep pickup truck. These actions are planned to be completed by 2020. More than 2,000 jobs will be added to support production of these models. With the investment, the Company stated that Warren Truck would have the flexibility to also produce the Ram Heavy Duty truck.

WarrenTruckAsse.jpg

Ram 1500 coming off the line at Warren Truck. (FCA US Photo)

A year later, in January 2018, the company confirmed that it would relocate Ram Heavy Duty production from Saltillo, Mexico, to Warren in 2020 and invest an additional $1 billion in the plant. It was also announced that 2,500 new jobs would be created, above and beyond the jobs announced as part of the January 2017 announcement, to support the increased volume at the facility.

To read the complete article, click the link below...
https://moparinsiders.com/is-the-wagoneer-grand-wagoneer-delayed-again/

Modernization is the best way to improve Quality, it so nice to see the commitment FCA is to improving and expanding the NA capacity

Once i saw the 2019 ram classic article, i suspected this was coming. Looking forward to the new durango though.

Once i saw the 2019 ram classic article, i suspected this was coming. Looking forward to the new durango though.

Yeah I thought the same thing when I found out they were extending classic production past last month. Means it will be a late move to Warren for the Ram HD as well.

But again new products suffer to make more pickups.

I understand cash comes first.. especially if your selling almost 300K units verses 30K units. FCA has no competition against the full size Suburbans and Yukon's right now........ so a loss of potentially 30K Waggy units....

I just have a love of all things Jeep and can remember in the 1970's and 80's walking thru the Jeep dealers parking lots and looking at a full line up.. from CJ's with no top (tops were optional cost) to the full size Grand Wagoneer/Wagoneer and Jeep Pickups (lets not forget about those) of which I purchased my first new Waggy in 1978.

Those were good times................ now you find all the Jeeps scattered with Ram pickups and every model car.

I think the new Jeep pickup will sell lots of units.

Closing in on the Silverado.

Funny thing is that was with Warren Truck maxed out with production. Now SHAP is online and they can build 750,000 pickups easily there. Warren Truck is still running and Saltillo is supplying export Crew Cab and Quad Cab, Heavy Duty models and our Regular Cabs. So now they have plenty of capacity. Thus explains why they are wanting to go after Silverado so bad.

Only one problem, Ram is finally starting to get good sales out of the 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) truck. However, Silverado is selling a ton of 1500s because of the crazy incentives on them and people don't like the upcoming 2019 Silverado's styling. So I bet we will see some crazy incentives in the fourth quarter on Ram 1500 (DS) models to push the sales forward.

Last edited:
Funny this is that was with Warren Truck maxed out with production. Now SHAP is online and they can build 750,000 pickups easily there. Warren Truck is still running and Saltillo is supplying export Crew Cab and Quad Cab, Heavy Duty models and our Regular Cabs. So now they have plenty of capacity. Thus explains why they are wanting to go after Silverado so bad.

Only one problem, Ram is finally starting to get good sales out of the 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) truck. However, Silverado is selling a ton of 1500s because of the crazy incentives on them and people don't like the upcoming 2019 Silverado's styling. So I bet we will see some crazy incentives in the fourth quarter on Ram 1500 (DS) models to push the sales forward.

If Ram has the capacity, I bet within 3 years that Ram overtakes the Silverado in sales. Up here in Canada Ram already outsells the Silverado by almost 3/1.

Funny thing is that was with Warren Truck maxed out with production. Now SHAP is online and they can build 750,000 pickups easily there. Warren Truck is still running and Saltillo is supplying export Crew Cab and Quad Cab, Heavy Duty models and our Regular Cabs. So now they have plenty of capacity. Thus explains why they are wanting to go after Silverado so bad.

I don't think we will see the incentives on DS. I think that's why they're running another year of the "classic". All the incentive spending will be there because they can afford to put it there with all of the tooling paid off. Plus, they protect resale values on the new DS.

I don't think we will see the incentives on DS. I think that's why they're running another year of the "classic". All the incentive spending will be there because they can afford to put it there with all of the tooling paid off. Plus, they protect resale values on the new DS.

DE is the old truck. DT is the new one.

Back