Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane 6 breaks connecting rods at 660HP

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Only 660hp on stock internals?
Going to be a brutal wake up call when people naturally crank up the boost on them, they clearly built them as cheap as possible. 2JZ's from 1992 have made 1000WHP on stock internals, factory rated 320hp.

Mopar392

Reaction score
It’s going to be an expensive horsepower game.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
I’m amazed everyone complains so much. It’s pathetic. “Built them as cheap as possible” and compare to a 30 year old Toyota. Yup, and material costs these days are astronomical compared. So what.

I remember when the 6.7 Powerstroke came out and it was tossing rods around 650. Then they figured out how to tune them and magically, almost no one tosses rods anymore. So I take this report from an unknown with little seriousness. And since when was playing ever cheap?

WXman

Reaction score
Going to be a brutal wake up call when people naturally crank up the boost on them, they clearly built them as cheap as possible. 2JZ's from 1992 have made 1000WHP on stock internals, factory rated 320hp.

Yep and to make matters worse, a current and direct competitor in the Ford Mustang has had an engine for 10+ years now that guys have pushed to 1,000 HP on aftermarket twin turbo kits. I have a good friend right now with a 2018 Mustang GT that he bought for $32k and then he put a $8k mail order twin turbo kit on it. He makes over 1,000 HP and I personally have watched him beat on the car for two years now with no failures.

People in this segment today want to make big power. When they discover that the Charger can’t go anywhere near those competitive power figures without opening the engine and making wholesale changes it’s going to be a turnoff to lots of potential buyers.

WXman

Reaction score
Wow, they came in at 540 HP. Isn't that the same as the standard 1500 with the HO engines? How does that make the RHO special??

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I’m amazed everyone complains so much. It’s pathetic. “Built them as cheap as possible” and compare to a 30 year old Toyota. Yup, and material costs these days are astronomical compared. So what.

I remember when the 6.7 Powerstroke came out and it was tossing rods around 650. Then they figured out how to tune them and magically, almost no one tosses rods anymore. So I take this report from an unknown with little seriousness. And since when was playing ever cheap?
"material costs" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread