Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoping for answers!

rusdou

Reaction score
This looks like a great site for me. I've been a long time Mopar guy and just bought a new 2023 Charger GT AWD Last Call Blacktop Special Edition in b5. The only one I could find in b5 that had all the features I wanted came with 20X8 Black Noise AWD wheels. Since I live in Northern Utah and ski often I mounted a set of directional studless ice tires on the stock rims wow are they awesome in the snow!).
I would like to mount the stock tires that came with the car on a set of Chrome SRT style 5 spoke wheels to run in the summer and keep the snow tires mounted on the Black Noise wheels for the winter. The only 20X8 chrome wheels I have found so far (on americanmuscle.com) say the wheels are not suited for the AWD car, only the RWD model.

My question is, what's the difference, and where can I find a set of chrome SRT style wheels for my AWD car?

I did order a set of 20X9 SRT chrome wheels from americanmuscle.com because they said they would fit my car and my stock tires. I did not mount the tires because they said to mount the wheels on the car first to check the clearance. The interior clearance on the front and rear was fine, but the wheels stuck out of the wheel wells about 2 inches on both the front and rear. I thought they looked goofy and they would throw road tar and debris all down the sides of my new car! They will trade me for the 20X8 wheels, but their website says they will not work on a AWD car.

Thanks,
Doug Russell
Ogden, UT

rusdou

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Mopar People!
I found the answer to my question regarding the difference between RWD and AWD wheels, thanks to americanmuscle.com.
The wheels on a RWD Dodge have a 24mm offset and the wheels on an AWD have a 54mm offset.
The RWD wheels will fit the AWD, but the tires will stick outside the wheel wells 2 inches more than the AWD wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread