Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fellow Mopar folks, I'm going to need a lot of advice so I hope this is an active site

Myride1970Cuda

Reaction score
I have a 70 Barracuda 318 car with now a 440 6 pack, auto trans car. I had consistent run issues until I worked my way into the spark and determined my issue was the coil. New one installed and away we go. But on 2nd run the car begins to sputter and pop when I give it gas while in gear. In park it will reave up no problem but when in drive it can't pull bum out of bed. Checked fuel filter.. clean... checked distributor cap .. ok.

What am I overlooking or should try next?

artillerybuff

Reaction score
I have a 70 Barracuda 318 car with now a 440 6 pack, auto trans car. I had consistent run issues until I worked my way into the spark and determined my issue was the coil. New one installed and away we go. But on 2nd run the car begins to sputter and pop when I give it gas while in gear. In park it will reave up no problem but when in drive it can't pull bum out of bed. Checked fuel filter.. clean... checked distributor cap .. ok.

What am I overlooking or should try next?
Did it run properly at some point in time or has it always had these issues? It sounds like a fuel problem, what carb are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread