Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA US Celebrates Motor Trend Awards With New Building Wrap:

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
FCA US Celebrates Motor Trend Awards With New Building Wrap:
New Building Wrap Thanks Employees For Their Hard Work...

IMG_9889.jpg

Back in August, we told you about how FCA US wraps the tower of the Chrysler World Headquarters and Technology Center with a mural of one of their latest products. At the time it featured the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 and it’s “Built To Serve” campaign.

Now, FCA US is celebrating its two of it’s most popular vehicles winning award with an all-new wrap on the 15-story tower. Recently the 2019 Ram 1500 won Motor Trend’s 2019 Truck of the Year award, while the 2019 Jeep Wrangler (JL) won Motor Trend’s 2019 SUV of the Year award. Both vehicles accomplishments are highlighted showing the picture of a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Read the full article here: FCA US Celebrates Motor Trend Awards With New Building Wrap: - Mopar Insiders

Rustydodge

Reaction score
They should have included all the other awards as well. Trucktrend, FourWheeler, Edmunds, Car and Driver, The Car Guide (canada), TFLtruck, TAWA, etc. It's not like the wrap wasn't big enough....

It's difficult to find a comparison the Ram didn't win. Only exception is pickuptrucks.com (due to the weighting of empirical data) however i have a feeling it will be still be voted their best pickup truck of the year.

I'd like to see a tv ad dedicated to listing all the awards (not like chevy's JD power ads though). Just show the different 1500 trims doing different tasks that are associated with each trim level, the interiors of each, and the class exclusive features of air suspension, ramboxes, reclining and ventilated rear seats in the background while listing all the awards and some of the judges logbook notes.

It would take the wind out of GM's big ad campaign strategy. 5thgenrams is full of Ford converts, GM converts, and first time truck buyers. It's fun to see.

Last edited:

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
FCA US has really stepped up in the past several years with their quality. While all products haven't improved just yet, the company is lightyears ahead of where they were during the Daimler days.
When all FCA vehicles are on par with the Ram 1500 and Pacifica, quality-wise, their rankings should increase drastically.

sjon

Reaction score
FCA US has really stepped up in the past several years with their quality. While all products haven't improved just yet, the company is lightyears ahead of where they were during the Daimler days.
Not bad for a company that is only 4 years old (October 2014).

UN4GTBL

Reaction score

I mean:

vs:

I know these vehicles are a decade apart, and the Cherokee cost more than double what my Caliber cost, but had these improvements not been made, I would have gone elsewhere.

mopar22

Reaction score
When all FCA vehicles are on par with the Ram 1500 and Pacifica, quality-wise, their rankings should increase drastically.
One could only hope that is the case but it's gonna be years before perception changes, much like with vw and audi. They have made hand over fist in quality and reliability but many people still talk about their dark days like they're still stuck in their old ways

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
One could only hope that is the case but it's gonna be years before perception changes, much like with vw and audi. They have made hand over fist in quality and reliability but many people still talk about their dark days like they're still stuck in their old ways

Very true, when I bought my Ram one of my Silverado owning friends that has had non stop problems said oh I guess you want to live in the service dept at the dealership. My truck has been fine, he's replacing a blown motor as we speak.

It takes time for perceptions to change and some people just won't accept it period.

AlexB

Reaction score
I think Jeep is the one brand rises above that "perception" ....I think Jeep gets viewed by a good amount of people as its "only thing".

Users who are viewing this thread