Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Unveils Challenger 50th Anniversary Edition Package In LA:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Dodge Unveils Challenger 50th Anniversary Edition Package In LA:
Package Brings Back Retro Cues, With Some Modern Treatments...

bluskye

Reaction score
Okay, I really like the looks of the Anniversary Edition cars, especially with the new colors. I am just having a problem with math in several ways. First, the Anniversary package at $4,995-5,995 seems a little expensive for what you are getting in the package. All the items in the package are what I would call "cosmetic" and have little or nothing to do with the performance or handling of the car. Secondly, I am having a problem with the marketing departments math. I read elsewhere that they are celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the 1970 Challenger by making 1,970 special Challenger Anniversary Editions. They are going to make 70 cars of each of the seven colors listed in this article for each of the four Challenger models (Challenger GT, Challenger RT, Challenger Scatpack, and Challenger Widebody Scatpack). So I multiply 70 cars, times seven colors, times 4 Challenger models and I come up with 1,960. So I am wondering is the marketing department bad at math or is there going to be something special for those extra 10 cars?

GasAxe

Reaction score
Gold Jerry, GOLD!

I’ve complained before about nothing new but paint and stickers but dang, that gold wide body with a shaker gave me a giddy feeling about the Challenger all over again. Well done Dodge, well done.(y)

DodgeFL

Reaction score
This is about the norm for 50th annivary cars. My 2003 Vette had th same treatment; special paint,interior, and fender badging, HUD, glass roof, for $5000. The Mustang also crowd also got the same treatment. Will these cars be collectors items ? I doubt that but this will be a used car selling point. The shaker hood is a nice touch. The wheels, meh ? Decals NO ! Drop top ? Hell yes ! Wild interior with over the top plush appointments ? Turbo on the 5.7 ? Hell yes !

Users who are viewing this thread