What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Hornet Tops The U.S. Slowest-Selling Vehicle List Again

Dodge Hornet Tops The U.S. Slowest-Selling Vehicle List Again​

Stellantis Has Five Vehicles On The Top-10 List...​

Image 227.jpeg

Stellantis continues to make headlines for its vehicles, topping the list of slowest-selling vehicles in the U.S. for September 2024. According to data from CarEdge.com, these models are experiencing a significant inventory surplus, which presents a unique opportunity for potential buyers to leverage substantial negotiating power. Here’s a detailed look at the Stellantis vehicles dominating this list and what it means for buyers:

There is currently a "used" 2024 Hornet R/T Plus with about 1,500km on Autotrader semi-near me that the dealer is lowering the price of nearly every week by about a $1k.

I added it to my saved list on Autotrader and I have received no less than 15 emails from various sales reps from the dealer asking me to come in and take a test drive. At first I didn't think anything of it, but after the 4th email on the same day I took action to stop the emails and save their time, since I'm not interested in buying it. I feel bad for the sales reps with the current lineups.

I was at my local dealer last week to get new parking brake springs for my parent's Caravan, and they had a Hornet and a Compass right next to each other in the showroom, which allowed me the opportunity to sit in them right after each other. If they were priced the same, I would probably still take the Compass, but I am now at an "I don't mind it" opinion for the Hornet, although I still don't like the interior or rear doors of it, and I still think it's way overpriced. Of course a sales rep saw me looking at it and came out to talk to me lol.

The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV uses the same rear e-axle system as the Hornet, yet it has avoided being on the slow sellers list. Hybrid vehicles are the hottest commodity currently on the market, yet this the Dodge Hornet anchors the slowest selling list.

Stellantis get it together and start cutting your prices at $10K on most vehicles and they will sell. Dodge should discontinue the Hornet al together way worst the 200.

Still have not seen a single Ad talking about its best feature PHEV drivetrain

Stellantis get it together and start cutting your prices at $10K on most vehicles and they will sell. Dodge should discontinue the Hornet al together way worst the 200.
Why each sale is a positive. The changes while ugly are conservative from Tonale and pay for the development and fill a hole in the lineup.

It not like 200 which was an entire plant and over capacity and upside down margins. With the shipping costs at the moment, let them sit.

Why each sale is a positive. The changes while ugly are conservative from Tonale and pay for the development and fill a hole in the lineup.

It not like 200 which was an entire plant and over capacity and upside down margins. With the shipping costs at the moment, let them sit.
Try as you may, it’s hard to paint this as anything but a disastrous product. Maybe it’s a great car. But no one is buying it . That defines a failure. 200 shared platform with the dart and Cherokee so I can’t see how it could have been a bigger drag on the bottom line than this turd. But much more telling, stell anus appears to be the only automaker with staple brands showing up on this list. All the others are boutique and luxury brands which would be a little easier to explain lower volume, higher inventory.

Still have not seen a single Ad talking about its best feature PHEV drivetrain
Not sure why they’d want to advertise that. It’s been harshly reviewed for the way power shifts between gas and EV, and is so much more expensive than the standard 2.0 that it outweighs any fuel efficiency benefit.

Buy the 2.0 and save your money, and headache down the road when the electrical systems inevitably fail. Other manufacturers are far more trustworthy for hybrid powertrain.

Nonsense I live with it. Get over 80mpg. Out runs it 31 mile EV estimated.

The transition is smoother than our 4xe.

Same vehicle is well reviewed in Europe though it is way better looking.

RT is expensive if not a PHEV

Nonsense I live with it. Get over 80mpg. Out runs it 31 mile EV estimated.

The transition is smoother than our 4xe.

Same vehicle is well reviewed in Europe though it is way better looking.

RT is expensive if not a PHEV
You, a Mopar fan, live with it. Do non-Mopar fans want to put up with questionable reliability and a smaller footprint than comparably priced competitors?

No, they do not.

I am as critical as anyone when warranted. There is very little to be critical with with handsome little SUV…. The Hornet just isn’t as attractive, and marketing a PHEV to Performance orient Dodge people instead of opening the tent to people who drive soulless Appliances that are efficient, is a error

I am as critical as anyone when warranted. There is very little to be critical with with handsome little SUV…. The Hornet just isn’t as attractive, and marketing a PHEV to Performance orient Dodge people instead of opening the tent to people who drive soulless Appliances that are efficient, is a error
Agreed on those things. But also price. The cost of the PHEV is prohibitive to anyone shopping for a non-luxury subcompact crossover. And those “soulless appliances” are damn good now.

I own a “soulless appliance” myself now after having so many issues with my Grand Cherokee.

Back