Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could The Pontiac Brand Return To Challenge Dodge?

The automotive interwebs are abuzz with rumors of a potential return of General Motors’ (GM’s) Pontiac brand. A recent ad in the May/June issue of Car and Driver has reignited speculation about Pontiac’s comeback and its potential to challenge Dodge in the muscle car arena. The ad, albeit fictional, paints a compelling picture of Pontiac’s return to glory. It boldly claims a supercharged V8 engine with a monstrous 667 horsepower. But what does this mean for Stellantis’ Dodge brand? Dodge, known for its V8 engines, recently faced criticism for discontinuing its iconic Gen3 HEMI® V8 engines in favor of electrified … (read full article...)

Image 39.jpeg

bill burke

Reaction score
Based on Camaro sales, I doubt we see the Pontiac. Sadly, I loved the competition from GM and Ford during the “ Muscle Car Era” and thought Pontiac had great cars, including the Trans Am Firebird that was just outrageous.
Like Pontiac, who seemed to be unstoppable, Dodge could just go away. Think Stellantis just does not care and takes a purely business view, without a bit of emotion or respect for American tastes and follows a stoic and ultra progressive strategy almost ripe for failure. We all know the deal and that life would be more fun and rewarding with both Pontiac and Dodge around. No heartbeat from these guys it seems.

James.A

Reaction score
Based on Camaro sales, I doubt we see the Pontiac. Sadly, I loved the competition from GM and Ford during the “ Muscle Car Era” and thought Pontiac had great cars, including the Trans Am Firebird that was just outrageous.
Like Pontiac, who seemed to be unstoppable, Dodge could just go away. Think Stellantis just does not care and takes a purely business view, without a bit of emotion or respect for American tastes and follows a stoic and ultra progressive strategy almost ripe for failure. We all know the deal and that life would be more fun and rewarding with both Pontiac and Dodge around. No heartbeat from these guys it seems.
This could be what's needed to revitalize that spot in the GM portfolio. A clean slate. Fix all the issues the Camaro had and have a brand/model that is more akin to Dodge.

Users who are viewing this thread