Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carlos Tavares says a $25,000 Jeep EV is coming to the US very soon.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Stellantis plans to offer a $25,000 all-electric Jeep vehicle in the U.S. “very soon” to better attract mainstream consumers amid slower-than-expected EV adoption, CEO Carlos Tavares said.

Stellantis plans to offer a $25,000 all-electric Jeep vehicle in the U.S. “very soon” to better attract mainstream consumers amid slower-than-expected electric vehicle adoption, CEO Carlos Tavares said Wednesday.

Tavares disclosed few details about the upcoming vehicle, saying it will be priced around $25,000 in the U.S. to emulate Stellantis’ pricing of the Citroen e-C3 SUV, a low-cost model starting at 23,300 euros, or about $25,200, in Europe.

“In the same way we brought the 20,000 Euro Citroen e-C3, you will have a $25,000 Jeep very soon,” he said Wednesday during a Bernstein Investor Conference. “We are using the same expertise because we are a global company and this is totally fluid across the engineering world of Stellantis.”

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/29/stellantis-affordable-jeep-ev.html

My take on this, is first of all, the E-C3 is too small for our market. This Jeep vehicle will have to be Renegade sized. Second, all the other bargain EVs from the various Stellantis brands are front drive only to keep costs down. They all use the "Smart" platform which is evolved from the CMP.

Last edited:

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
They can make them as cheap as they want, we still don’t want them.

Ramcharger is the correct formula
Ramcharger should have been debuted as a new Dodge RamCharger to go up against Bronco, while using 4x4 e-axles, insane HP and TQ and a small 4 cyl diesel/gas generator as the "range extender" . After it sold like hotcakes expand the hybrid tech to other units. The Ram truck with the 3.6L is a weak attempt

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Ram truck with the 3.6L is a weak attempt

Weak attempt? This is from the Ram website. BTW, the original Dodge Ramcharger had a 106 inch wheelbase, where would the batteries go?

POWER MEETS RANGE​

The All-New 2025 Ramcharger delivers innovative performance with a liquid-cooled 92-kilowatt-hour battery pack paired with a 130-kilowatt generator. The Pentastar® 3.6L engine generates mechanical power, which is converted to electrical power by the onboard generator for maximum efficiency. The generator can also increase the power to the motor and gearbox when serious power is needed.
Translation? The All-New 2025 Ramcharger delivers a Best-in-Class Targeted 690 total miles of Range and is set to be a game changer in the world of electric pickup trucks.

TARGETED BEST-IN-CLASS DRIVING RANGE (MILES)

TARGETED TOTAL HORSEPOWER

TARGETED TOTAL TORQUE (LB-FT)

TARGETED 0-60 MPH (SEC)

TARGETED BEST-IN-CLASS MAXIMUM PAYLOAD CAPACITY (LB)

TARGETED BEST-IN-CLASS MAXIMUM TOWING CAPACITY (LB)

patfromigh

Reaction score
Speculating about the Cheap Jeep EV, I suspect it will be closer in size to the new generation Citroen C3 Aircross, which is built in Brazil using the Smart platform. It has a 105 inch wheelbase with a 170 inch overall length. This is a gas only model sold only in Latin American countries. It is different from the older Euro model. The Citroen EC-3 is an EV sold in Europe and also is on the Smart platform. It is 158 inches long and has a wheelbase of 100 inches. The Jeep Avenger is built on the eCMP platform and is 160 inches long with a wheelbase of 101 inches. The Jeep Renegade also has a 101 inch wheelbase, but is 166.6 inches long. The Jeep Patriot was 173.6 inches long and has a 103.7 inch wheelbase.

Manufacturers still have to sell one full EV for every two petrol fueled cars, starting in the next few years. In CARB states it is even stricter. Stellantis isn't buying credits any more, so they need an affordable EV. My hope is like the Jeep Avenger, there will be both an EV and a mild hybrid 4Xe alternative. I feel sorry for those in the CARB states.

bill burke

Reaction score
Admittedly I am not a fan of electric vehicles for my lifestyle, but they have many applications, both for personal and more-so fleet applications. Whether I want one or not, there are many who do want that option. An all electric vehicle at this price seems an impossible feat, but perhaps losing money on its sale can be used to off set any fines imposed on future gas powered vehicles Stellantis is forced, by consumer demands, to continue to build over the next few decades. Seems like a logical and realistic decision, so let’s get it to market and see if price is the main reason the electric market has collapsed. Heck, for my friends who before hand could not afford an electric, let Jeep give you that option with a low priced one. Liking electrics or not, there are some who do, and this test case actually, is worth a try. Hey gang, another admission you may not think old MoPar Willy would admit, but I’m beginning to warm to pure hybrid vehicles, as long as they are a Mopar brand. Ouch...that hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread