Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can The Jeep® Wagoneer S Challenge Tesla’s Model Y?

Can The Jeep® Wagoneer S Challenge Tesla’s Model Y?​

A Less Luxurious Cherokee Model Might Have Made More Sense...​

1719425939209.png

Jeep® is getting ready to enter the electric SUV market with its all-new, all-electric Wagoneer S. While the Wagoneer nameplate has been set aside for the Jeep brand’s most luxurious offering, the American adventure brand is putting the Tesla Model Y Performance in its sights. But is that a bad idea?

AlexB

Reaction score

Can The Jeep® Wagoneer S Challenge Tesla’s Model Y?​

A Less Luxurious Cherokee Model Might Have Made More Sense...​

View attachment 9670

Jeep® is getting ready to enter the electric SUV market with its all-new, all-electric Wagoneer S. While the Wagoneer nameplate has been set aside for the Jeep brand’s most luxurious offering, the American adventure brand is putting the Tesla Model Y Performance in its sights. But is that a bad idea?

I have seen a bunch of Cadillac Lyriqs running around, and I have stated its Premium model.
It is pricer than a Lyriq,However.

bill burke

Reaction score
Yes it can compete, but it needs an entry level Wagoneer at around 65-70 grand and as a hybrid to save costs. It blows away the Tesla in so many ways, it can bring folks to a luxury Jeep sub brand and not be overlapped by the next generation spin off Cherokee.
I’d keep Wagoneer on the front of all Wagoneers, Jeep on the back and give all Wagoneer’s something distinctive to add swagger and exclusivity.
Yes it can beat the batteries out of the Tesla.

Users who are viewing this thread