Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey Says Americans Still Prefer Gasoline-Powered Vehicles

Survey Says Americans Still Prefer Gasoline-Powered Vehicles​

38% Of Americans Want Just Gasoline-Powered Cars...​

Image 11.jpeg

A recent KPMG study found that Americans still favor traditional gasoline-powered vehicles over hybrid (HEV) and electric vehicles (EV) even when the price and features are identical. This preference is highlighted in the inaugural KPMG American Perspectives Survey, which gathered opinions from 1,100 adults nationwide and 400 adults from major cities like Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York, and San Francisco.

Reaction score
Had the survey been taken in the heartland small towns away from the big cities the percentage of those preferring EV & Hybrids would have been much lower.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The reason I drive a hybrid is many of the new vehicles with pure ICE drivetrains run like crap. I keep expecting to pop the hood and find a carburetor feeding the engine. Then add to that a clunky start/stop system. It's all a 1970's Deja Vu.

I see a lot of hybrids when I drive through rural Wisconsin. There aren't too many BEVs on the other hand.

Users who are viewing this thread