Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® CEO Confirms Cherokee Nameplate Return

The Cherokee nameplate holds a special place in the Jeep® brand’s legacy, and enthusiasts will be thrilled to learn of its imminent return to the lineup. Since its absence from the market in 2023 due to the idling of the Brampton Assembly Plant, anticipation has been steadily mounting for its revival. In a recent interview with Italian publication Il Sole 24 Ore, Jeep® CEO Antonio Filosa confirmed that the Cherokee is slated to make its comeback in 2025. However, there’s more to the story than just its return. The next-generation Cherokee (KM) is set to make waves with its electrified … (read full article...)

_58b7905f-fe1e-4306-9a1d-766c703bf2ca.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Really anticipating four SUVs the next generation Durango, the next gen Wagoneer S, the new Chrysler SUV and this new Cherokee. Whichever fulfills my wishes best gets the nod to replace my 2019 Cherokee Overland.
Basic need
,wider, longer, Gasoline powered six, two rows and high end interior.
Sure hope that electrics and plug in hybrids are the only power plants offerEd or it’s time to refresh my old Cherokee for long term use. Oh well, caught in my own time capsule of SUV world.

XRT2SRT

Reaction score
The Cherokee nameplate holds a special place in the Jeep® brand’s legacy, and enthusiasts will be thrilled to learn of its imminent return to the lineup. Since its absence from the market in 2023 due to the idling of the Brampton Assembly Plant, anticipation has been steadily mounting for its revival. In a recent interview with Italian publication Il Sole 24 Ore, Jeep® CEO Antonio Filosa confirmed that the Cherokee is slated to make its comeback in 2025. However, there’s more to the story than just its return. The next-generation Cherokee (KM) is set to make waves with its electrified … (read full article...)
Wow...looking like a well massaged WK2 :cautious: WJH74/75. At a minimum, it has to look this good or better! The competitors aren't standing pat so I'm hoping for a home run.

bill burke

Reaction score
This artwork is fire.... View attachment 9552

It would be a miracle if it looked this good.
I agree, this rendition looks great. Actually, if you examine it along side the current Cherokee, which I own and love it’s looks, they are quite similar. So I guess this looker is possible from Jeep. If it has a gasoline six...i’m In.

TripleT

Reaction score
We can only hope it looks this good. I'm just hoping they don't hold it back by trying to only offer some 1.6T buzzy engine instead of one of the larger options for the US market.
1.6 will be fine if it paired with E-axles. 2.OT mated with the ZF Hybrid make JGC faster than a Hemi.

Archknight

Reaction score
Inside the new engine coming to the USA for STLA Medium

Stellantis said the new setup will be used on “all compact SUVs developed on the STLA Medium (or e-VMP) platform.”

I was curious where everyone keeps getting the 1.6T is going into a vehicle that's on the STLA Large platform, when every article I've read only mentions Medium platform models. It would also make no sense in the US market considering everyone's obsession with Jeep being the offroad brand and the Compass as the smallest US offering having a 2.0T sitting under the hood. Where is the information coming from about this larger (75" W× 187.6" L at it's smallest on this platform) is going to be motivated by a tiny 1.6T with electric motors?

Kego

Reaction score
Hope it looks this good and is enough larger than the Compass to make a real difference. My wife and I have driven Grand Cherokees for the last 20 years and have retired in the last year. We currently have a 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited we purchased new in 2017. If this new Cherokee is what we would like for it to be we would probably go with one next time around. Hopefully it will have at least a 2.0 litre turbo four with at least 300 horses as an option. I would not consider anything electric for some time to come due to the time to charge and limited distance driving and other hazards I've read about regarding EVs. Not sure I'd be interested in a hybrid either.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Inside the new engine coming to the USA for STLA Medium

Stellantis said the new setup will be used on “all compact SUVs developed on the STLA Medium (or e-VMP) platform.”

I was curious where everyone keeps getting the 1.6T is going into a vehicle that's on the STLA Large platform, when every article I've read only mentions Medium platform models. It would also make no sense in the US market considering everyone's obsession with Jeep being the offroad brand and the Compass as the smallest US offering having a 2.0T sitting under the hood. Where is the information coming from about this larger (75" W× 187.6" L at it's smallest on this platform) is going to be motivated by a tiny 1.6T with electric motors?
The vehicles which are on the platform the STLA Large replaces, all use the 2.0 liter GME or larger engines. I would think that the mild hybrid version will use the 2.0 GME-T combined with the next generation 8-speed. I would also venture to say the 8-speeds for Toluca products will come from Kokomo.

The Maserati Grecale offers a 48V mild hybrid version of the 2.0 GME-T with 300 hp with a 330hp version in a higher trim level. This power train was offered in other Maserati products in the EU since 2021. The mild hybrid operation comes from the BSG, the same as on the current eTorque Ram pickups. The next generation will have a much larger electric motor in the transmission, giving more power and efficiency. The BSG will continue for smooth start/stop operation while in motion, and charging the batteries along with the regenerative braking.

For the 2021 Easter Jeep Safari, Jeep presented the Jeepster Beach restomod concept.Under its hood was the GME 2.0 with 340hp and 369 pounds of torque. Perhaps this foreshadows what is to come.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
🤣😂🤣🤣 I wish them luck on the BEV, maybe someone will take pity and buy one seeing as it'll likely be priced like the Recon and Wagoneer S.
You did see where the BEV would likely be built in Italy, remember CARB states they may sit on the lot but there will at least be something on the lots.

TripleT

Reaction score
Hope it looks this good and is enough larger than the Compass to make a real difference. My wife and I have driven Grand Cherokees for the last 20 years and have retired in the last year. We currently have a 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited we purchased new in 2017. If this new Cherokee is what we would like for it to be we would probably go with one next time around. Hopefully it will have at least a 2.0 litre turbo four with at least 300 horses as an option. I would not consider anything electric for some time to come due to the time to charge and limited distance driving and other hazards I've read about regarding EVs. Not sure I'd be interested in a hybrid either.
I have to PHEV and love them both. JGC Summit and Alfa Tonale.

Archknight

Reaction score
The vehicles which are on the platform the STLA Large replaces, all use the 2.0 liter GME or larger engines. I would think that the mild hybrid version will use the 2.0 GME-T combined with the next generation 8-speed. I would also venture to say the 8-speeds for Toluca products will come from Kokomo.

The Maserati Grecale offers a 48V mild hybrid version of the 2.0 GME-T with 300 hp with a 330hp version in a higher trim level. This power train was offered in other Maserati products in the EU since 2021. The mild hybrid operation comes from the BSG, the same as on the current eTorque Ram pickups. The next generation will have a much larger electric motor in the transmission, giving more power and efficiency. The BSG will continue for smooth start/stop operation while in motion, and charging the batteries along with the regenerative braking.

For the 2021 Easter Jeep Safari, Jeep presented the Jeepster Beach restomod concept.Under its hood was the GME 2.0 with 340hp and 369 pounds of torque. Perhaps this foreshadows what is to come.
If this mild hybrid is anything like the Grecale (22 city/29 hwy), we know it'll be powerful and have decent fuel economy. It should be better considering the platform is supposed to be lighter. I'm also wondering what trims they'll keep since they are cutting costs.

Users who are viewing this thread