What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare Bronze 1968 Dodge HEMI Charger R/T Going To Auction

Prepare to be amazed as a true automotive unicorn graces the stage at the Mecum Indy auction on Friday, May 17th, 2024. This 1971 Plymouth Cuda Convertible boasts a stunning Sassygrass Green (FJ5) exterior complemented by a pristine white interior and top, a combination that’s as rare as it is breathtaking. With an estimated price … (read full article...)

1968 Dodge HEMI Charger R-T in Bronze. (Mecum). - 4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the memories! My first new car after graduating college was a’68 Charger R/T. I ordered the Hemi, about an $900.00 option then, as soon as I saw a picture of the new Charger. Turns out there was a long wait time for the Hemi since the new Dodge was just launched, so my dealer convinced me to save the money and get a 440 in a few weeks. No regrets as I drag raced the hell out of it both on the street for money and at drag strips up and down the East Coast. My Super 8 movies, now on video, keep these memories alive including me racing (and losing to) Dick Landy at the Super Stock Nationals with his 440 Coronet R/T. I loved that car. Thanks for the memories that still keep this seasoned Mopar man going, in a 2019 Challenger R/T, no surprise. The racing days are over though.

My dad's first car was a 1968 Dodge Charger with a 383 non-R/T model. He had a pretty loaded base Charger

Back