Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram ProMaster EV Selected For Battery Workforce Challenge

Ram ProMaster EV Selected For Battery Workforce Challenge​

New ProMaster EV Will Be The Focal Point Of North American Collegiate Competition...​

BU024_027EV.jpeg

In a significant stride toward advancing electric vehicle (EV) technology, the Battery Workforce Challenge, a partnership between the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Stellantis, and Argonne National Laboratory, has announced the new 2024 Ram ProMaster EV as the designated vehicle for their North American collegiate engineering competition.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Even though the Promaster EV is now in production, I haven't seen any specific specifications for the powertrain. I am wondering how much of it, such as the batteries and motors, are unique to the North American ProMaster when compared to its European cousins. What prompts me to wonder is that the article mentions the Dana Corporation as one of the sponsors. In a past Work Truck Show, Dana showcased a Ram ProMaster they converted into an EV using their products. I wonder how much of that technology did Ram adopt, although the supplier-automaker relationship is often confidential.

Users who are viewing this thread