Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiat E-Doblò Could Spawn An Electrified Ram ProMaster City Van

The landscape of compact vans in North America has experienced a notable void since Ram ceased the production of its ProMaster City lineup. While the future of Ram’s compact van remains uncertain, recent developments within Fiat’s repertoire, particularly the unveiling of the Fiat E-Doblò, present intriguing possibilities for the evolution of Ram’s offerings in this … (read full article...)

FiatProfessionalNewDoblo.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
No brainer here. There is a strong market for the Pro Master City and this update would only increase demand. Let’s get a Ram version ASAP.

patfromigh

Reaction score
If I ran the show, I would sell the Doblo under the Chrysler brand, using the short wheelbase model with a removable bench seat. This avoids the chicken tax and provides a great product for auto sharing services like Stellantis own Free-2-Move Mobility. Such a van fills the void that the PT Cruiser left in its demise, after which the Fiat 500L failed to do so. Electrification presents a challenge to importation. Someone is going to have to figure out a way to import battery electric vehicles without the batteries for safety's sake. Would knock down kits solve the safety issue?

The van I would replace the ProMaster City with is the latest Fiat Scudo. I would build it in North America and see if Toyota would want to go in on it like they do in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread