Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Was The First Dodge To Carry The "Challenger" Nameplate

In the vibrant landscape of automotive history, specific names resonate deeply with enthusiasts. For many Mopar aficionados, the 1970 Dodge Challenger stands as an icon. Yet, the roots of this storied name can be traced back to a hidden gem – the 1959 Dodge Coronet Silver Challenger. Unveiled on May 1st, 1959, this special edition … (read full article...)

1959-dodge-coronet-silver-challenger.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

wpm55

Reaction score
My dad had a 58 Dodge Custom Sierra wagon he bought new in 58. Everything about the 59 Dodge. Just check out one of the taillights, huge! The chrome bezels surrounding the lights is massive, they look like a large chrome growth, like if you trimmed it off, it would just grow back. But I love it. It has enough character for 2 59 Dodges. I'm glad there are examples like this still around. It helps me to remember these cars really did exist.

Users who are viewing this thread