Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Rampage Wins "2023 SAE Brasil Car Body" Award

In a stunning turn of events, the automotive world is buzzing with the news that the all-new Ram Rampage compact pickup has swiftly emerged triumphant, securing the highly prestigious 2023 SAE Brasil Car Body award. Just days following its eagerly anticipated debut in Brazilian showrooms, this accolade solidifies the Rampage as not only a design … (read full article...)

Ram Rampage Award8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

patfromigh

Reaction score
The lead photo gives a good indication of the size of the Rampage. It is not taller than the two individuals in the picture. I don't know what the overall length and wheelbase dimensions are, but the Rampage might be garageable.

bill burke

Reaction score
Like an elephant in your living room, somethings just can’t be ignored. The case for bringing a slightly modified Rampage to the North American market is overwhelming and the business case for that move is convincing. The Rampage may present only a quick fix solution with a few compromises, but sometimes you have to take your best shot at the target, even one in your neighbors living room. Peanut anyone?

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Nice size truck, needs a more powerful engine. At least 320hp/400lb-ft torque

vbondjr1

Reaction score
280 pulls the ram around fine so ...........
I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote that, there was going to be a lot more to that statement. While this truck would do great against the Ford Maverick, the Santa Cruze and the Honda Ridgeline, it still needs about 320hp to completely edge out it's competition. While this truck is great, The Brand needs something to compete with the Ranger Raptor and the Colorado ZR2. A Dakota with a 375hp/470 2.0L 4Xe powertrain in a Dakota Rebel/ Dakota Limited wouldn't be terrible but a 3.0L Hurricane Standard output 420hp/468tq in a Dakota TRX would be awesome while a 510hp/500tq 3.0L H.O in a Dakota R/T street truck would be absolutely amazing. The base trucks (SLT & Big Horn) would receive the 270hp/295tq 2.0T that powers the Jeep Wrangler which would be more than enough. Dakota doesn't need to be any taller than the Rampage, just a little wider and longer with a full 6ft bed standard on all model trucks.

bill burke

Reaction score
I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote that, there was going to be a lot more to that statement. While this truck would do great against the Ford Maverick, the Santa Cruze and the Honda Ridgeline, it still needs about 320hp to completely edge out it's competition. While this truck is great, The Brand needs something to compete with the Ranger Raptor and the Colorado ZR2. A Dakota with a 375hp/470 2.0L 4Xe powertrain in a Dakota Rebel/ Dakota Limited wouldn't be terrible but a 3.0L Hurricane Standard output 420hp/468tq in a Dakota TRX would be awesome while a 510hp/500tq 3.0L H.O in a Dakota R/T street truck would be absolutely amazing. The base trucks (SLT & Big Horn) would receive the 270hp/295tq 2.0T that powers the Jeep Wrangler which would be more than enough. Dakota doesn't need to be any taller than the Rampage, just a little wider and longer with a full 6ft bed standard on all model trucks.
I see your point, but for right now the Dakota pickup is under consideration, I would hope, but the Rampage is a critical decision for 2024 as a 2025 model that is desperately needed by Ram. Ram needs a broader market position in pickups and commercial product. Pro Master is doing well with electric offerings now rolling out. I see the Dakota as a STLA Large platform spin-off that will have gas and electric capability that can fill a much larger demographic audience, including performance junkies with a TRX Hurricane powered Dakota.
I’m with you, that bad boy would be something and I think we just put the pieces together for Ram. Hope they get the message.

TripleT

Reaction score
Still advocating for a Dakota that is a direct competitor to now crowded BOF midsized class where nearly everything in the class is brand new except the Nissan and JEEP. Doubtful there is a penny to be made there. So seems to be another thread for that. And if it should be a STLA large vehicle not a BOF more of competitor to the Honda.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread