Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEMON? Ownership Of Our 2023 Challenger Redeye Jailbreak Is Not Going Well!

Last week we introduced you to our new long-term 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Jailbreak. Unfortunately, the car has started going sideways since that article and video have gone up. As a quick refresher, I ordered this car to my specs and even flew out to Ontario to watch the car get built … (read full article...)

Jailbreak-lemon-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexB

Reaction score
Unfortunately, she's a lemon. Lemon law
equivalent ASAP.

Autojunkie

Reaction score
I don't think it's as bad as you think it is. Disappointing? Yes. Bad? No.
Losing the BUS (the communication network between modules) will throw a ton of codes, but the root cause us typically something as simple as a an open or shorted BUS circuit. It can be caused by something as simple as a pin being bent in a module connector, a terminal being spread too far apart in the harness connector to a module, or an internal issue with a module. Proper diagnosis will determine which module is the root cause and if a module replacement or simple connector repair is required. I used to fix issues like these all the time when I was an end-of-line "wolf" helping to diagnose issues like this for the repair teams in various assembly plants.
Hopefully they get you back in the driver seat soon so you can get the same trouble-free miles of smiles I've been getting in my Scat Pack Challenger for three years now. Make sure you post a story about the root cause when they find it. I'm curious about that myself.

Hal

Reaction score
First off you are lucky you nor anyone else has gotten hurt, just brings to mind a old Plymouth Fury that did weird ****....oh yeah...Christine!

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Honestly this sucks.

I wish you weren't in such a rush to make a decision as it could be something simple or it could just be the beginning of a long fight t get it how it should operate.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly this sucks.

I wish you weren't in such a rush to make a decision as it could be something simple or it could just be the beginning of a long fight t get it how it should operate.

Unfortunately, it's not me that's in a rush, the dealer needs to know by the end of the month.

That said I already gave the car back. To Dodge's credit they reached out to me within 24 hours of the article going up, along with numerous other people and are working with the dealer to get the car sorted out.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's not me that's in a rush, the dealer needs to know by the end of the month.

That said I already gave the car back. To Dodge's credit they reached out to me within 24 hours of the article going up, along with numerous other people and are working with the dealer to get the car sorted out.

Yeah, that's what I meant, it's too bad their tech is away, which basically forces your hand here.

SRT8Chrysler300c

Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they get it sorted out because it really is a beautifully spec'd out car! The fact that these cars are no longer available to order after July makes it hurt that much more. I hate to see these beautiful machines go away. I've been in love with the Charger and 300c since they returned in 2005! Good luck and I hope this story has a happy ending.

Users who are viewing this thread