Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing STLA Medium: Stellantis' Game-Changing Global BEV Platform

Stellantis has recently introduced the STLA Medium, a global battery electric vehicle (BEV) platform designed with advanced features, including an impressive range of 435 miles (700 kilometers), excellent energy efficiency, embedded power, and charging capabilities. The STLA Medium platform is designed to offer long-range capabilities while providing flexibility to accommodate various vehicle types and propulsion … (read full article...)

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
This platform is truly a game changer. One concern though. It was my understanding that this medium platform could accommodate a gasoline engine. Let’s hope so since the all-electric strategy is collapsing fast and the buying public will demand choice in their mode of power for decades to come. I know the Large platform will be the basis for the next generation Challenger, Charger and 300 and the public will absolutely expect and demand gas engines in those for sure. What’s the deal on this medium platform?

TripleT

Reaction score
Call it the international K car.... 26 models across 12 brands mechanically the same.

bill burke

Reaction score
Call it the international K car.... 26 models across 12 brands mechanically the same.
Those K cars were imaginative and sold well for years. I owned more than a few myself. I believe even more imagination will be applied to this platform. Seems on announcement that they have really presented something that can be fine tuned, and adopted for so many uses. The differences between my Dodge Daytona Turbo Z and my Plymouth Sundance Turbo were not substantive when examined closely, but to me, the cars felt and looked completely different. It’s my opinion that buyers see what they want to see sometimes in their cars and that is the magical skill of engineering, design and marketing at work. It should be interesting what the design teams come up with. If the foundation is solid, well engineered and they follow brand culture, the product will be sound too. I continue with my seat of the pants comparisons of my Alfa Romeo based Jeep Cherokee and other similar SUVs of my acquaintances and the Cherokee is just so much better its starkly obvious. My pants seat never lies. If they can duplicate that engineering magic with this platform, it should be a big success. I am proof positive and exhibit number one.

Users who are viewing this thread