Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 1500 with Hurricane Twin-Turbo Power!

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 1500 with Hurricane Twin-Turbo Power!​

Revised Interior, Exterior, Powertrains, and Tech Are Coming...​

1684190120288.png

Over five years have passed since the fifth-generation Ram 1500 (DT) pickup was introduced at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Michigan. This iteration of the Ram has been immensely successful for both the Ram brand and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), now known as Stellantis. However, it is now due for a mid-cycle action (MCA) or refresh.

bill burke

Reaction score
Change is rarely easy for people, but you must change to make progress, but some changes may not create progress and some changes cause unintended and negative consequences. How philosophic Mopar Willy!

bill burke

Reaction score
Next wisdom sharing. A decision has been made, no surprise V-8 power is dead at Stellantis. Apply previous statement. Old performance addicted guys like me, weaned on eight cylinder power and sound, are having a hard time and as the wisdom sharing states, it may be for good reason if sizable amounts of performance minded people are not captured by this new power source or the even more dramatic intervention of electrification in their familiar and secure lives.
To my surprise, I’m warming to the Hurricanes and anxious to drive one. This could work over time. Got to put Hurricane IDs on these Dodges to glorify these sixes as true heirs to the Hemi throne. They sure as hell better be fast AND loud. They must be bold, obnoxious and in your face or it’s not good. The Banshee seems to get this, but it may be too pretty right now.
Glad to see the Ram getting the Hurricane, but the future of Dodge rests with it and they better get it right. Hopeful that the raising heart beat thinking about these next generation power plants is genuine and perhaps all that is needed is a Drag Pack Hurricane that puts the competition on the trailer to get my generation on board. Anxiously awaiting change AND progress.

moparmann76

Reaction score
The hype is going to be short lived. Stellantis is slowly destroying all american brands. Nothing @ Dodge is designed by Dodge. The rebadged hornet is as alfa as it comes, all the way down to the paint but they are saying it has Dodge DNA.... Alfas are not known for their reliability...lol Ram will likely go the way of rebadged garbage from stellantis as well. The fuel economy is not much better than the hemi with the hurricane. Stellantis is pushing this garbage down our throats . I have owned many many Chrysler products over the years and my 2017 T/A 392 is the last Chrysler product I'll ever buy. I hate Ford but atleast they will still have V8s available. I don't think Chrysler will survive this last merger. It's been a good run but I'm not into Italian designed garbage.....I'm out. MOPAR or NoCar is NoMore

TripleT

Reaction score
The hype is going to be short lived. Stellantis is slowly destroying all american brands. Nothing @ Dodge is designed by Dodge. The rebadged hornet is as alfa as it comes, all the way down to the paint but they are saying it has Dodge DNA.... Alfas are not known for their reliability...lol Ram will likely go the way of rebadged garbage from stellantis as well. The fuel economy is not much better than the hemi with the hurricane. Stellantis is pushing this garbage down our throats . I have owned many many Chrysler products over the years and my 2017 T/A 392 is the last Chrysler product I'll ever buy. I hate Ford but atleast they will still have V8s available. I don't think Chrysler will survive this last merger. It's been a good run but I'm not into Italian designed garbage.....I'm out. MOPAR or NoCar is NoMore

This really isn't the forum to cast lines .... I can point you to the complain forum, if your done with Mopar for being now a international company then Ford is a interesting choice but I can point you to those forums. The Hemi has aged out the Hurricane is actually much more efficient and over a second faster 0-60 when it in a 6000lb brick. It also has way more potential than the Hemi as there are already 1500hp versions floating around. 2 post so far and both are just uninformed complaints. For the most part except for the Fin germans North American has a unique enough market that EU mergers have had little effect on the development. BOF are NA products.

JustTheFactsMaam

Reaction score

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 1500 with Hurricane Twin-Turbo Power!​

Revised Interior, Exterior, Powertrains, and Tech Are Coming...​

View attachment 8256

Over five years have passed since the fifth-generation Ram 1500 (DT) pickup was introduced at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Michigan. This iteration of the Ram has been immensely successful for both the Ram brand and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), now known as Stellantis. However, it is now due for a mid-cycle action (MCA) or refresh.

It’s great that Ram is updating their half ton pickups, but where is the midsize truck? Toyota, Ford, and GM are all updating their midsized trucks this year, and Nissan did last year. Stellantis is making a HUGE mistake not making a midsize truck, especially a ICE based one. Full-size trucks are so much harder to drive around in any city, and parking them in urban or suburban settings is way more difficult than a midsize truck. IMO, the old Dakota was the best midsize truck during the previous period when midsize trucks were strong sellers.

TripleT

Reaction score
It’s great that Ram is updating their half ton pickups, but where is the midsize truck? Toyota, Ford, and GM are all updating their midsized trucks this year, and Nissan did last year. Stellantis is making a HUGE mistake not making a midsize truck, especially a ICE based one. Full-size trucks are so much harder to drive around in any city, and parking them in urban or suburban settings is way more difficult than a midsize truck. IMO, the old Dakota was the best midsize truck during the previous period when midsize trucks were strong sellers.
They have a midsized truck that get killer margins already... You are aware of this? Its a fine line, Jeep and Dodge sort of invented the mid-sized truck market. It is bit odd that they have not entered with a Small to Mid Sized Ram.... there are threads discussion. The last generation Dakota was far from the best of anything. It grew to big, cost to much to make, and really only thing it did was cannibalize Ram sales.

Last edited:

JustTheFactsMaam

Reaction score
They have a midsized truck that get killer margins already... You are aware of this? Its a fine line, Jeep and Dodge sort of invented the mid-sized truck market. It is bit odd that they have not entered with a Small to Mid Sized Ram.... there are threads discussion. The last generation Dakota was far from the best of anything. It grew to big, cost to much to make, and really only thing it did was cannibalize Ram sales.
The Jeep Gladiator is more of a niche product than a midsize pickup for larger audience. Full size half ton pickups have become so incredibly large and expensive. The automakers got away with these price increases because capital and gas were cheap. However, those days are over but since CoVid prices have jumped significantly. I understand that the automakers have had parts constraint and those suppliers passed along higher costs, but the automakers need to understand they are not going to get people paying $50 to $100M for a vehicle! A midsize truck is still at a price point that most people can afford. I fear that Stellantis is not going to figure this out until it’s too late.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
The Jeep Gladiator is more of a niche product than a midsize pickup for larger audience. Full size half ton pickups have become so incredibly large and expensive. The automakers got away with these price increases because capital and gas were cheap. However, those days are over but since CoVid prices have jumped significantly. I understand that the automakers have had parts constraint and those suppliers passed along higher costs, but the automakers need to understand they are not going to get people paying $50 to $100M for a vehicle! A midsize truck is still at a price point that most people can afford. I fear that Stellantis is not going to figure this out until it’s too late.
Figure out what? That they don't want to spend 2 billion plus to Cannibalize the sales of their extremely profitable "Niche" Mid-sized, or extremely profitable mass volume 1500.

If they have a mid-sized it has to return similar per unit profits as the "Niche" Jeep and 1500, OR a product that won't be cross shopped on the same lot. Mid-sized BOF trucks are not substantially lower to produce than a full sized. Which mean a Small truck off the CUSW aka Maverick. Or a Lifestyle truck off the STLA large as a better version of the RIdgeLine Lifestyle truck.

Again this is off topic

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Why on earth are they going to keep on with the Pentastar V6. Honestly the 2.0L 4XE makes more sense than the 3.6L E-Torque. The 2.0T makes 375hp and 470tq, which would easily outpower the 3.6 AND the 5.7L. To be perfectly honest, the 2.0L 4XE, the 3.0L S.O and the 3.0L H.O could really take over the powertrain duty for anything on the STLA: Large and STLA: Frame platform vehicles. What would even make more sense would be for Stellantis to produce a Hybrid version of the 3.0L Hurricane H.O and put that in the STLA: LArge and STLA: Frame vehicles as well, this way it allows for even more "electrification" across the board without things being full electric. The hybrid system in the 2.0L 4Xe takes the 2.0T from making 270hp/295tq to 375hp/470tq. That's and additional 105hp and 175lb-ft of torque. Right now the High Output 3.0L Hurricane makes 510hp and 500lb-ft of torque with the numbers for the Charger rumored to be slightly higher. Even just to plug in the hp/tq gains that are seen in the 2.0 4xe to the 3.0L HO, that puts a 3.0 H.O Hybrid at 615hp and 675lb-ft of torque. As impressive as that would be in a 1500-series pickup truck, that's even more impressive in an STLA:Large vehicle such as a Charger, Challenger, Stealth crossover, Dakota pickup. This give the option of having alot of emissions compliant before even before you get to full BEVs.
The thing is, not having Hemi V8s isn't the problem. It's actually just coming up with practical solutions for what is coming. The brand already has everything it needs to be profitable without the problematic Hemi V8. The 3.0L Hurricane already has crate engine options with the Stage 2 producing 550hp and 530lb-ft of torque and a Cat X that is targeting over 1,000hp. Another thing is that Jeep ( a little while ago) came out with a little Jeep concept with a tuned 2.0L Turbo that made 340hp/370tq. While those numbers aren't super impressive, that 25% gain, if added to a 2.0T 4XE hybrid setup would come up to around 445hp & 545tq. That's an impressive power upgrade for a base model performance vehicle if the customer is looking to get everything done from the factory and keep their warranty. Not to mention with two turbo-6 powertrains above that which could potentially receive Direct Connection Pre-Stage, Stage-1 & Stage-2 power options, Dodge has way more performance potential with the new engines than they do with the current ones. I think truly think the major concern will be what the new performance vehicle sound like. There are some very amazing sounding Inline-6 turbo cars out there such as the 2JZ-GTE Supra, the R32-34 Nissan Skylines, and the Ford Falcons from Australia with the Barra I-6 Turbo. No, they won't sound like V8s, this is true, however, they can be tuned to sound pretty good. The thing about the Mopar brand is that they're big on factory customization. From Jeep Wranglers with off road suspension, chassis and tire packages to SRT performance, Mopar knows that their customers love to make their vehicles their own. There are several companies out there that have Mopar Approved parts such as A.A.D suspension and chassis parts, American Racing Headers exhaust products and Weld Wheels just to name a few. With the new Turbo engines coming, the brand may even look to companies that do alot of aftermarket turbo upgrades such as HKS or COBB for their Stage-1 and Stage-2 upgrade packages to offer emissions-legal upgrade packages. To me, the future of Dodge looks alot brighter without the Hemis than it does with them

Users who are viewing this thread