Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE MANUAL IS BACK: 6-Speed Returns To 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT!

THE MANUAL IS BACK: 6-Speed Returns To 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT!​

Manual Transmission Returns To The 717-Horsepower Muscle Car...​

1670279652165.png

Over the past decades, the automotive world has moved away from manual transmission offerings in favor of more fuel-efficient automatic transmissions. It has gotten to the point, that many of the newer drivers on the road have never driven a traditional stick-shift vehicle.

artillerybuff

Reaction score
I learned how to drive with a stick shift, a tractor actually when I was 10 years old. First actual vehicle was an old Chevy Van with a 3 on-the-tree driving in a hilly area when I was 16. It was our church van actually and I used to pick up and drop off people needing rides; this was back in the early '70's. When you can do that, you can drive anything.

As far as what Dodge is doing with their 2023 "last chance cars", it doesn't really matter since they have allowed them to be priced so only the uber rich (or those willing to have a house sized car payment) can afford them. What a sad way to end a legacy...

Users who are viewing this thread