Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Artist Creates The Jeep® Gladiator Enthusiasts Have Been Dreaming Of!

Digital Artist Creates The Jeep® Gladiator Enthusiasts Have Been Dreaming Of!​

The Pickup Jeep Should Of, Could Of Built...​

1665087355101.png

Over the past decade, Jeep® teased us with a number of Wrangler-based Regular Cab pickup concept trucks. But when the American adventure brand introduced its Gladiator (JT) pickup in 2020, many were disappointed to find out that only a Crew Cab model would be offered. But it hasn’t stopped the creative from dreaming “BIG”!

jal11180

Reaction score
Honestly, I think that the way that this truck was made is a good start, but the truth is that, if anything, the Jeep Comanche was essentially a truck that was, at least in its later years, anyway, built upon the Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee platform, and, as such, I would argue that it should look more like those vehicles instead. However, the most recent models of the Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee are ugly, so I would actually posit this alternate design decision suggestion instead. I would make it a blend of the old school Jeep Gladiator, which was an even bigger pick up truck that was based upon the original Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer, then combine that rear end of the vehicle with the Third Generation Dodge Ram, i.e., the 1994 to 2002 (or so) trucks, but having the tail light and rear blinker designs be based upon a more modern update to the original Jeep Gladiator, Wagoneer, and Grand Wagoneer, and take a cue from the old school Jeep Gladiator truck, or, gasp, the old Ford F Series pick up trucks, and their Mercury (Canada) counterparts in their M Series pick up trucks, and have the sloping front end, and then kind of make a face of a. the classic Jeep Gladiator, b. the 1980s/1990s Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee/Comanche, or c. the 2010s Jeep Commander. Moreover, it would also be relatively easy to be fitting it into the sloped forward look of the original Jeep Gladiator, Wagoneer, and Grand Wagoneer vehicles, and the old Ford F Series and Mercury (Canada) M Series pick up trucks, regardless of which design choice was made. The harsh truth that no one wants to hear is that doing the Jeep Gladiator like that honestly would have been a far better move than with either the official, and to be honest, lazy, uninspired, rote, unoriginal, bland, boring, and safe Jeep Wrangler with a truck bed route (which, to be honest, should be called a Jeep Scrambler instead), or the artist rendition that is shown in this article. Yes, basing the truck on a Dodge Ram chassis would be kind of predictable as well, but at least it is a far better design decision than what we have now, let alone with this artist rendition, and/or idea for a legitimate real life custom/aftermarket conversion for the modern Jeep Gladiator.

Users who are viewing this thread