Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Officially Names Its New B-UV The Avenger!

Jeep® Officially Names Its New B-UV The Avenger!​

New Battery-Electric Vehicle Will Wear A Nameplate Familiar With The Dodge Brand...​

1662644737120.png

That’s right, wearing a nameplate most familiar with the Dodge Avenger passenger car, the new subcompact Jeep is the brand’s battery-electric vehicle (BEV). Focused on the global market, the Avenger will be introduced first in Europe, and then will be offered in Japan and South Korea soon after. The Avenger will sit below the Renegade in the brand’s global portfolio and will not be offered in the North American market, according to our sources.

TripleT

Reaction score
mmmmmeeeehhhh I guess it saves the name for something more Jeep and less Coachwork

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Was the original avenger ever global? Then it wont be confusing to future buyers, just everyone in NA.

Sort of surprised it wont be in NA but i guess the ecosport and whatever else is down in this segment not worth competing against?

TripleT

Reaction score
Was the original avenger ever global? Then it wont be confusing to future buyers, just everyone in NA.

Sort of surprised it wont be in NA but i guess the ecosport and whatever else is down in this segment not worth competing against?
Plus getting stuck on a mall speed bump would play well in NA

pumadog

Reaction score
Don't know if Avenger is a good name for Europe. The car looks attractive though. Is there a source for the GSE 1.0 engine info? Nothing about that in the EU press release. Some rumours say 1.2 PSA engine.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I'm surprised with the EV range. The BEV is clearly not based on the e-CMP since it offers more range than the current models based on it like the e-208.
Interesting.
Is there any confirmation on the engine for the ICE version? I thought they would push the 1.2 Puretech since they even announced on the quarterly call about an evolution of the engine. I would prefer the 1.0. The 1.2 has a lousy reputation in the EU because it has plenty of problems.

pumadog

Reaction score
1.2 problems? I only remember the problems of the first 1.6 generation.

The 3 Tychy BEV are on eCMP Gen 2: 3 power steps instead of 136 PS and more range. Also the existing PSA BEV will get more range for 2023.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
1.2 problems? I only remember the problems of the first 1.6 generation.

The 3 Tychy BEV are on eCMP Gen 2: 3 power steps instead of 136 PS and more range. Also the existing PSA BEV will get more range for 2023.
It has a lot of problems with the transmission belt dipped in oil degrading and with excessive oil consumption. This was more severe on cars produced until 2017, they then changed transmission belt supplier and it improved a bit, but still didn't fix it. In Portugal, besides this the representative for PSA brands does not recognize a problem and charges an arm and a leg for maintenance.
(I might have not translated correctly some terms)

Sometimes I wish more auto journalists mentioned the mechanical flaws of the components in their reviews. I hope the Tychy models use the GSE engines. It's good to know that the evolution of the CMP platform allows for more range. The eMini has much better packaging than the first generation eCMP. I hope this second not only allows for more range but for better volumetry and the use of more sophisticated rear suspension than the original one.

Users who are viewing this thread