Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tavares Discusses Issues Facing The Automotive Industry With Italian Newspaper!

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Tavares Discusses Issues Facing The Automotive Industry With Italian Newspaper!​

Stellantis CEO, Talks About The Company's Strategy Moving Forward In Europe...​

1659715264818.png

In an interview with the Italian newspaper “Corriere della Sera“, Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares discussed some of the details the company faces as it continues forward with electrification, especially in Italy.

The move to electricity-powered vehicles has been propelled into action due to politics. The European Parliament voted that the European Union (E.U.) will only have electrified vehicles sold in that market by 2035.

The decision has raised a lot of concerns and fears about not only the cars but the way they will be produced.

bill burke

Reaction score
The translated Italian original was a bit choppy, but you guys got the important stuff for us. For CDJR fans, and myself, the best thing I took away was that Stellantis is pretty much leaving North America autonomous enough to develop their home designed products on their own terms. Indeed the corporate platforms will be the building blocks of the future, but how they are adopted for our markets largely rests with Chrysler NA. I see a path forward where Chrysler’s Dodges, Jeeps and Rams remain enough American in execution and purpose to be called Mopars by Mopar people. That new Jeepster might be great in Europe, a feather in the cap for the Polish factories, but keeping it away from our markets, a smart move and the right move. Just keep the resources flowing Carlos, we can handle the rest.

cygnus

Reaction score
Will the Chrysler EVs be competitive? The new EV bill mandates that 80% of the battery material needs to be sourced from countries the US has a trade agreement with (not China) by 2028.

Users who are viewing this thread