Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 of the 10 slowest selling vehicles are Stellantis

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
'Stellantis appears to be in serious trouble. CDJR brands just can’t seem to sell cars like they used to. This isn’t a new problem, either. Stellantis has led the list of slowest-selling cars for months on end.

In February, Stellantis brands dominate the list for the sixth month in a row. This month, the Dodge Hornet (480 days of supply) and Dodge Charger (477 days of supply) beat the others by a long shot. The Ford Mustang Mach-E climbed to third place, with nearly one year of supply.

Six of the 10 slowest selling cars are Stellantis models. All Stellantis models, not just the ones mentioned here, are highly negotiable right now. However, some CDJR dealers are notorious for resisting negotiation, despite the massive oversupply.'

- Useless CEO that rode the covid supply restricted wave and happily rose prices 50%, tried to keep them that high and fired head of sales and head of Jeep - now sales in the toilet and has no answers
- Board apparently looking for new CEO
- The one guy wet noodle CEO didnt fire was Tim Kuniskis, could possibly replace said wet noodle and become CEO
- Morale reportedly low "DaimlerChrysler 2.0" - head engineer of Demon 170 has even quit
- When new COMPETENT leadership comes in expect price slashing and a return to what made Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep / Ram brands great

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Prices went up, up, up
Demand went down
Prices stayed up
Demand stayed down

*shocked pikachu face*

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
'Stellantis appears to be in serious trouble. CDJR brands just can’t seem to sell cars like they used to. This isn’t a new problem, either. Stellantis has led the list of slowest-selling cars for months on end.

In February, Stellantis brands dominate the list for the sixth month in a row. This month, the Dodge Hornet (480 days of supply) and Dodge Charger (477 days of supply) beat the others by a long shot. The Ford Mustang Mach-E climbed to third place, with nearly one year of supply.

Six of the 10 slowest selling cars are Stellantis models. All Stellantis models, not just the ones mentioned here, are highly negotiable right now. However, some CDJR dealers are notorious for resisting negotiation, despite the massive oversupply.'

- Useless CEO that rode the covid supply restricted wave and happily rose prices 50%, tried to keep them that high and fired head of sales and head of Jeep - now sales in the toilet and has no answers
- Board apparently looking for new CEO
- The one guy wet noodle CEO didnt fire was Tim Kuniskis, could possibly replace said wet noodle and become CEO
- Morale reportedly low "DaimlerChrysler 2.0" - head engineer of Demon 170 has even quit
- When new COMPETENT leadership comes in expect price slashing and a return to what made Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep / Ram brands great

Currently, it's being controlled by the French side... Elkann needs to steer it back under control. Tavares is a penny pincher.

cygnus

Reaction score
Currently, it's being controlled by the French side... Elkann needs to steer it back under control. Tavares is a penny pincher.

Wow, it's like everything I have said over the last two years was true.

Moparound

Reaction score
As a consumer, my view could be limited, but I think some posts have already hit the 'correct button' in that the prices have went up at a time when inflation and interest rates have rose to highest levels in many years.
In a 'normal' market, it's a 50-50 deal when an out-going vehicle are being discontinued.
If the vehicle is as popular as the Challenger(sales running with the Mustang just recently even though and Challenger is a muscle car and not a pony car), and the Charger, it should sell around M.S.R.P. or even higher, but these are not normal times.
I was alive and old enough to recall the 70's and 80's VERY well. These market conditions look all too familiar; am not a doom and gloom kinda guy, but I am a realist. The market is set-up for a tumble and appears to began falling approximately a year ago. Hate to say/think that.
Compound the current market conditions with the fact M.S.R.P.'s were thousands lower and that a base automatic R/T could be bought in the lower $30k range and a base Scat-Pack for around mid-$30k-range just a few years ago does not bode well with John Q Public. Now add-in dealers raising prices and gouging people, and, then heap-on higher interest rates; higher housing pricing(in certain areas), higher credit-card debts, etc., etc., and volia, you've lost the market and sales tumble.
Am hoping that part of the reason behind some of the 'slow' selling numbers is due to dealers stocking-up on the out-going LX platform and the worry of lapse of replacements?
I have seen some relief around my parts recently and am seeing some R/T models creeping back into the upper 30's but vehicle's costs are still much higher.
Now, let's add the electric migration into the mixed. Well, lets not go there.
Folks, just my opinion, no harm meant whatsoever, and just worried and am not a guru or insider so am spouting pure conjecture based off accumulated information and past experience, but think we'll know more by end of this year. Hoping for the best but, hoping Stellantis allows management on this side of the pond to make the necessary decisions to help weather the storm.
Best wishes to all.

Moparound

Reaction score
I know, but I continue to tussle with people at Allpar who have their head in the sand. I must have masochistic tendencies or something.
' I must have masochistic tendencies or something.' Ha, ha, I beg to differ, think based off your comments you are a passionate, dedicated and loyal fan and supporter of the company. Just like the rest of us. That's what I like about this site, it allows freedom of speech(unless someone attacks another of course!). Thank you to all those that maintain this site.

Each of us can see and/or experience a different angle on things so we need to combine knowledge and stick together even if we disagree. I don't post as often but rest assured am on the sidelines reading, watching and learning from everyone and been doing so on this site as well as another Mopar site for around two decades.

Peace to all!

Users who are viewing this thread