Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STOP! Jeep® Tells Dealers To Suspend Sales Of Its All-New Grand Cherokee (WL)!

STOP! Jeep® Tells Dealers To Suspend Sales Of Its All-New Grand Cherokee (WL)!​

Radio Frequency Hub Modules Can Render Vehicles Useless...​

1645728789793.png

This week, owners of the all-new Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WL) brought some important attention to the automaker that their vehicle’s key fobs continue to lose connection with the vehicle. As owners unlock their vehicles using the physical key located inside the key fob, their vehicles mistake the action as attempted theft and render the SUVs inoperable.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Can they not unlock the vehicle with the metal key and then start the vehicle with the fob pushed against the Start button?

Obviously not ideal at all, but makes me question what would happen if the battery in the fob was dead for one of these unless I'm misunderstanding this.

The fobiks on my parents Caravan did this regularly for the first several years they had it, and we were always "breaking into" the van with the metal key and then starting it with the fobik.

kananiades

Reaction score
Cannot touch the Fob to the ignition to start. Also not a fob battery issue. Happened to me on a 5 week old car. The issue is a defective radio frequency hub module and so the fob cannot communicate with it. This happened to me on vacation and 8 days later my car is still at the dealer with no ETA for repair (still waiting on the part). Stellantis has no eta as to when the part will arrive. So glad I shelled out the money for a 2022 JEEP Grand Cherokee L (note heavy sarcasm)! Recall issued 2/22/22, purchased car 2/23/22, stop sale notice 2/24/22. Dealer knowingly sold me a lemon 🍋😡

DrMark

Reaction score
Cannot touch the Fob to the ignition to start. Also not a fob battery issue. Happened to me on a 5 week old car. The issue is a defective radio frequency hub module and so the fob cannot communicate with it. This happened to me on vacation and 8 days later my car is still at the dealer with no ETA for repair (still waiting on the part). Stellantis has no eta as to when the part will arrive. So glad I shelled out the money for a 2022 JEEP Grand Cherokee L (note heavy sarcasm)! Recall issued 2/22/22, purchased car 2/23/22, stop sale notice 2/24/22. Dealer knowingly sold me a lemon 🍋😡
That stinks. Yeah, I'd be upset too.

Are versions without this issue back on sale? This model is a big money-maker for Jeep, and frankly it's one of the models I'm considering for purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread