Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrysler Repositions Its 2022 Chrysler Voyager Minivan Lineup:

Chrysler Repositions Its 2022 Chrysler Voyager Minivan Lineup:​

New Infotainment, New Standard, & Now Offered Only For Fleets...​

1633559391377.png

While the Chrysler Pacifica tends to get most of the attention in the brand’s minivan lineup, the Chrysler Voyager returns for the 2022 model year. However, in a bold move, the Chrysler brand is making the Voyager a fleet-only model. Gone are the various L, LX, and LXi (the LXi being last year’s fleet model) in a favor of a single LX model. So with that being said, let’s take a deeper look into the 2022 Chrysler Voyager LX that might just be your next rental vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

patfromigh

Reaction score
I certainly will be seeing a lot of them, if they can be delivered. The last batch of minivans we received were Pacifica hybrids. We are trying to "green the fleet" as per the dictates of big brother. Stellantis better get on the ball and offer the eFlite hybrid system in this fleet only Voyager as well.

Doesn't anybody in Auburn Hills remember the VW Routan? Of course maybe they are trying to forget. VW basically showed the old Chrysler company how to produce something different from the same vehicle. It was better than its Dodge and Chrysler production line siblings, IMO. Back before Stow-n-Go the Dodge grand Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country vans had different personalities, but absorbing the Plymouth trims under the Chrysler brand messed up things. Dodge had the Grand Caravan with ES trim which did set it apart from the other minivans. It was a performance flavor with the big V6 and much better suspension and tires. The Chrysler T&C offered the same motor, but has different suspension tuning.

Today the Pentastar V6 is no slouch, whether standard or with the hybrid or AWD options. A properly done Grand Caravan would not hurt Dodge's performance image.

Mike201

Reaction score
I thought the point last year when the Voyager was introduced, it was meant to be the cheap replacement for the out going Dodge Grand Caravan (US)? Now it will only be a fleet vehicle, so a “family” on a tight budget not only no longer has the Dodge to purchase, it doesn’t have the Voyager either. I saw your recent article on the Pacifica pricing and really didn’t find their “bottom” line version (Touring @ $36,245) to cheap. What are they doing to Chrysler and the original mini van they created? OMG!

Last edited:

BWS

Reaction score
If the roads around my part of the world are any indication, Kia is mopping the floor with Chrysler in the minivan market. This new Carnival is everywhere I look. And I see Zero, zero new Pacificas out and about. What a shame . But not surprising . Don’t worry though , right? Those growing families can buy into the six figure Grand Wagoneer market if they want a Mopar .

patfromigh

Reaction score

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I was wrong. The Chrysler Grand Caravan is just like the Voyager except it isn't fleet only. It even uses the Voyager grill.:confused:

Source: Stellantis Media - Canada Press Kit: 2022 Chrysler Grand Caravan:2022 Chrysler Grand Caravan Fact Sheet

Please note the photos are of the 2021 model.

I'm having a "If I Ran the Stellantis" moment. I will talk about this more in that thread.

Yeah, it's literally a Voyager with a "Grand Caravan" badge

What I think is actually big miss is not at least directing people from dodge.ca to chrysler.ca for the "new" Chrysler Grand Caravan.

bill burke

Reaction score
The strange saga of Chrysler continues. Mispositioed demographically and over priced on launch, the grudging success of the old Caravan spoke volumes on another management blunder on an otherwise fine product. Ditto that on Dart and 200 and the premature cancelation of both and you have to wonder about Pacifica and 300 too.There is a way forward for Pacifica as there is for 300 and was for Dart and 200, but that would admit to past and current mismanagement and we can’t have that, can we?
Oh heck, the Pacifica seems to be making the right adjustments, but as my friend expressed, the competition may have moved the issue to a no win proposition. What a shame. Building an SUV off the Pacifica for the Chrysler brand, an idea floated on these pages repeatedly, and fully utilizing its factory employees might still change the Chrysler saga, but history has not been on the side of smart decisions. This saga could turn to a epic tragedy real quick if more is not done for Chrysler. For me, that would be a true horror story.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Feel free to vent your frustrations and list your ideas in the "If I ran the Stellantis" thread. That is what that thread was created for.:cool: Quite frankly, I plan to post there a lot because I'm only getting wound up.

Users who are viewing this thread