Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING: Jeep® Will Finally Unveil Its New Grand Cherokee (WL74) Next Week!

BREAKING: Jeep® Will Finally Unveil Its New Grand Cherokee (WL74) Next Week!​

This Includes The New Electrified 4xe Models...​

1632494699311.png

The Jeep® brand announced this morning, that it plans on unveiling its highly-anticipated all-new two-row 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WL74) next week. The announcement comes as many have been wondering when the Jeep brand would unveil the fifth-generation replacement of one of its biggest nameplates after the initial unveiling at the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS) was canceled last month.

B T C

Reaction score
I wonder who thought the floating D pillar was a good idea. It doesn't look too bad with the dark top, but on models where the roof and body are the same non-black color, that doesn't look very appealing to my eye. It would be interesting to have some insight into the rationale behind that decision. It's almost like, "Hey, this thing might look a little too good. What can we do to rub a little ugly on it?"

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder who thought the floating D pillar was a good idea. It doesn't look too bad with the dark top, but on models where the roof and body are the same non-black color, that doesn't look very appealing to my eye. It would be interesting to have some insight into the rationale behind that decision. It's almost like, "Hey, this thing might look a little too good. What can we do to rub a little ugly on it?"

It looks much better in person. Living near the Auburn Hills campus I have seen them on a daily basis. Just wait to see in person.

B T C

Reaction score
It looks much better in person. Living near the Auburn Hills campus I have seen them on a daily basis. Just wait to see in person.
I hope you're right. The floating D pillar seems to be causing quite a bit of angst, disappointment, shock, horror etc., within the existing Grand Cherokee owner community. That's just based upon reactions on some other forums and is probably anecdotal.

Do you have any insight as to why Jeep went that direction with that particular design element? I get the impression it wasn't always part of the plan for the 74. I don't work in the industry and can only assume the decision wasn't made simply for aesthetic reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread