Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPOTTED: Two-Row 2022 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Limited (WL74):

SPOTTED: Two-Row 2022 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Limited (WL74):​

The Mid-Level Two-Row Grand Cherokee Looks Good On The Street...​

1628789767043.png

With the cancelation of the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS), the Jeep® brand is left without a public site to debut their all-new two-row 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WL74). As the fifth generation of the most-awarded SUV nameplate ever, there is a lot riding on the launch of the newest interpretation of the Grand Cherokee. Especially, considering how its three-row Grand Cherokee L (WL75) variant has been well received by customers and the media.

Mopar392

Reaction score
So far, I like Limited front end on the WL74 the most, and IMO it looks much better than WL75 Limited.
Can’t wait to see WL74 Summit or Summit Reserve .

TripleT

Reaction score
WOW.... that may be my next car.... especially if my wife keep complaining about the lack of a touch screen.

This is just Lovely, the way it different then the L is incredible.

thatjerryguy

Reaction score
I like the way this Limited model looks. I think it's nicer looking then the white Overland Jeep showed a little while back. As long as it's available with the panoramic sunroof, the new Grand Cherokee WL74 may very well be my next ride.

User123

Reaction score
I saw one of these in Delaware! It was in a parking lot of a Wawa and there where two guys wearing jeep merchandise. They where talking to people who asked about it. It looks awesome just a bit expensive.

cygnus

Reaction score
Eh...I am not crazy about that floating D pillar. Or those rear tail lights. Front end is ok and the interior is nice but THEY TOOK AWAY THE LIGHT FROST/BEIGE interior, which sucks. Gray is such a boring interior color, it's a Toyota gray. The beige was perfect.

I really don't like this trend where the lightning enclosures are getting smaller and smaller, and are basically slits. The WK2 rear lights are perfectly proportional. I may just buy a used 2018-2021 WK2 with a Hemi once this stupid supply chain issue/used car pricing insanity is resolved in two or three years. As long as it has Carplay support, a Hemi, and beige interior, that's all I'm looking for.

Fatone

Reaction score
I might be interested if not for the exterior and interior colors. Black white gray silver or red exterior and black or gray interior is a deal killer for me. Chrysler used to offer a lot of great colors on Ram and Jeep. The bronze on current GC is beautiful. Now just a basic bland palette that screams rental car.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Not a fan of the floating D pillar myself, but otherwise I like it.

bill burke

Reaction score
WOW.... that may be my next car.... especially if my wife keep complaining about the lack of a touch screen.

This is just Lovely, the way it different then the L is incredible.
We agree on this one. Looked at one at my dealer, saw a few L’s in my neighborhood (one was already damaged) and they look awesome. In particular I was blown away by the interior which is on par with my daughters Audi A6 and close on my sons Mercedes AMG in fit, feel and material quality. The visual appeal, inside and out is stunning. I have one concern and that is sticker shock. The Summit I intend to buy is pushing these luxury imports in price too. Let’s face it, if you want these import brand levels of luxury, you have to pay for it. Based on first blush, if in for a penny, I’m in for a pound. What the heck, like you Triple, the little lady wants it....Yes dear!

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh...I am not crazy about that floating D pillar. Or those rear tail lights. Front end is ok and the interior is nice but THEY TOOK AWAY THE LIGHT FROST/BEIGE interior, which sucks. Gray is such a boring interior color, it's a Toyota gray. The beige was perfect.
Which trim level are you referring to? Overland only has gray or black, but Limited and Summit both have tan options.

cygnus

Reaction score
Which trim level are you referring to? Overland only has gray or black, but Limited and Summit both have tan options.

I swear I saw grey with the configurator for the WL75 Limited back when it was launched. You are correct, they do have a tan color for the Limited which is very close to the Light Frost/Beige interior color on WK2. Nice!

*Edit, Ok now I know what I saw - the configurator shows grey only (no Tan) for Overland - 'Steel Grey Interior Color'.

For Limited, it shows 'Wicker Beige' as the interior color. I personally think the Wicker Beige is the nicest interior color offered.

Best body style - Overland
Best wheels - Summit Reserve
Best Interior color - Wicker Beige via Limited (not crazy about the saddle brown interior color for the Summit Reserve)

Last edited:

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I do like the sleek taillights. My WK2 tail lights are ugly. They’re way larger than they need to be.

jeepmynach

Reaction score
Whether we will see either the WL74 or WL75 in the UK is a moot point. I do like both but for different reasons. Overall, the WL75 has the marginally better styling of the pair.

KrisW

Reaction score
My understanding is that both variants of WL will arrive in Europe - pricelists for WK2 have already been withdrawn in most countries in preparation for the new model. There’s really no situation where WL74 doesn’t come to the European market - Grand Cherokee is a solid seller for Jeep and at very juicy margins. Currently, WK2 is priced into the territory of Range Rover Sport, and WL74’s major updates should confirm that market position. Bringing WL75 into Europe too would also allow Jeep to directly compete with the full-size Range Rover.

Wagoneer is almost certainly not coming to Europe. Only the PHEV version would be anywhere near economical enough to find buyers, but with a gross vehicle weight that’s only a whisker under 3.5 tonnes (and an unladen weight of around 2.9 tonnes!), it’s way too big and heavy for the European market. However, as a grey-market import, I’d expect to see them on the roads around southern Gernmany and Switzerland.

Users who are viewing this thread