Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video: Meet Our New MoparInsiders Project Vehicle!

Video: Meet Our New MoparInsiders Project Vehicle!​

Our 2003 Dakota R/T Project Will Be Directed By You, The Viewers!​

1628567839932.png

With all the rear-wheel-drive performance currently available in the Dodge lineup, it’s easy to forget that times weren’t always so good for Mopar fans. Back in the 1990s, your choices for an American rear-wheel-drive V8 muscle car were limited to the crosstown rivals from Ford or GM. There was, of course, the wild V10 Dodge Viper available if you could afford it, but that was in a different realm than your traditional V8 muscle car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Side Hill Gouger

Reaction score
I voted for the 5.9 Magnum as there are literally thousands of these around. But I would love to see this as a stroker (408) Topped off with fuel injection. But regardless of what power plant is selected the R/T is a great project choice. Looking forward to this.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I'm excited to see this happen!

Actually went trolling through AutoTrader to look for one and it brought back the memories of the Dakotas we had (not the R/Ts tho)

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
2003/4 models should have had the Hemi and 5 speed NAG-1 transmission. Too Bad.

TripleT

Reaction score
I have often though a clean SWB Single Cab would make a great 5.7 Swap vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread