Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet Peugeot Sport’s New 9X8 Electric Hypercar For The 24 Hours Of LeMans!

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Meet Peugeot Sport’s New 9X8 Electric Hypercar For The 24 Hours Of LeMans!​

Stellantis' Latest Motorsport Entry...​

1625942044110.png

The Peugeot brand has taken the wraps off of its new 9X8, the brand’s latest-generation Hypercar challenger which is poised to make its competitive debut in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) in 2022. Powered by a hybrid power unit which-drives through an all-wheel-drive transmission, the hyper-efficient prototype perfectly with Peugeot’s Neo-Performance strategy.

The work of the Peugeot Sport’s engineering team and Peugeot Design have combined like never before to produce the 9X8 which heralds a new era in motor racing due to its flowing lines, the absence of a rear wing, and the strong brand identity it exudes. The innovative technical solutions it packs and its catlike stance stand out as unmistakable Peugeot hallmarks.

The Peugeot 9X8 – the brand’s latest endurance racing contender – is a direct successor to the Peugeot 905, winner of the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1992 and 1993, and the Peugeot 908, which won the French classic in 2009. The new prototype is poised to continue the make’s long and successful involvement in world-class motorsport with highly competitive cars that feature strong, instantly recognizable brand identity.

bill burke

Reaction score
This is an amazing car, bravo to Peugeot. Poor Dodge. Maserati has the MC20, Alfa Romeo something, now Peugeot, what about Dodge. Is there, among these brands any one more qualified to have a sports car in its stable? No Dodge fan would answer in the affirmative. I have heard an MC20 derivative is under consideration for Dodge as the next generation Viper. Please tell me I am not hallucinating. When will Dodge get their super sports car? Pretending to be sound of mind is commonly not attributed to Mopar Willy, but in this argument, I believe I am supported by fellow members of Dodge loyalist and I am lucid and on solid ground. Dodge clearly deserves a next generation Viper.:(

Mopar392

Reaction score
2.6-liter, bi-turbo, 500 kW (680 horsepower), V6 and a 900volt 200kw (260hp) motor hybrid system that I’d love to see on the street.
Hopefully Peugeot does what Audi LeMans did and bring the racing engines to the streets.

Users who are viewing this thread