Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge To Give Fans A Sneak Peek At It’s Future On July 8th!

Dodge To Give Fans A Sneak Peek At It’s Future On July 8th!​

We Get A Peek At The Future Of The Dodge Brand...​

1625526287738.png

Yesterday, we talked about Stellantis’ conference called EV Day 2021. The July 8th event will supposedly answer a lot of questions in which electrified direction the company will take for its fourteen different brands. One of the brands that have the most questions surrounding its path to electrification is the Dodge brand.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexB

Reaction score
Happy 4th!
Rumored fast Dodge ever:p….”Plug It In!”.

bill burke

Reaction score
Dodge has hit the muscle car sweet spot with a retro themed and an in your face ethos. It has also augmented that with outrageous power, based frankly on, initially, existing power plants. It is the challenge now to capture that special ethos, a mindset if you please, and attach it to new forms of power, based on again, a corporate family of engines, outrageous for sure, but risky if not done carefully. Hellcat, Scat Pack, Drag Pack, R/T are non-negotiable, so is a blend of retro performance American muscle styling that is fresh while being nostalgic, and absolutely “in your face”. It’s all about that special “ethos” and the Dodge team has done it before and they should and must do it again. Dodge loyalist will accept change, but it must capture what is Dodge in its DNA. I see an evolutionary path for Charger and Challenger, but in their SUV’s Dodge can swing for the bleachers. If it is a European formula they follow, it will faulter. If it cleverly uses future technology and mechanics based on that nostalgic American car ethos, then it’s a home run derby for Dodge.

bill burke

Reaction score
Chapter 2. Perhaps it is post July 4th doldrums or this subject being dear to my heart, but I must expound further. I have been anticipating the 8th, expecting someone from Dodge to call recruiting old Mopar Willy to advice on the next generation Dodges. As shocked as you must be and as disappointed as I am, that call has not come, can you believe it? So I suffer the masses here and now. Sorry!
Challenger- I chose this Dodge to share, going public, if the phone call has been delayed, my top secret plan for Challenger follows.
A very mild styling update on an all new platform with a fresh interpretation of a sacred theme of Mopar Muscle that will keep fans home to Challenger, yes folks, including a drop top. Interior gets a complete tech and styling update with improved seating comfort, improved back seat accessibility, and upgraded materials throughout. The Hemi lives on, perhaps destroked, with a straight six along side and both engines receiving things like electric boost, turbos and all wheel drive. Cleaverly tuned, properly loud and intemidating in performance, the cautious evolution to new propulsion takes place but remains muscle and recognizable. Above all the ethos, the mindset, the sacred theme remains. The new Challenger must pass the “Mopar Willy Test” or bad things could happen.
I must run, my phone is ringing,who could it be?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread