Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Introduces New Gorilla Glass Option For Wrangler & Gladiator Models:

Jeep® Introduces New Gorilla Glass Option For Wrangler & Gladiator Models:​

Ordering Now Open...​

1623637004203.png

Over the past couple of years, we have seen case after case of Jeep® Wrangler and Gladiator owners complaining about how easily their windshields have developed cracks or stone chips during regular driving. Many people have believed that the rake of the windshield on the Wrangler and Gladiator has a lot to do with the windows getting hit by various debris.

Last edited by a moderator:

WXman

Reaction score
4 Wranglers and 2 Gladiators and I've never had a cracked windshield. Ever.

But for $95 I would have ordered this option anyway! Can't hurt I guess.

I wonder what kind of acoustic change it'll make to the interior sound quality of the audio system and noise overall?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

I wonder what kind of acoustic change it'll make to the interior sound quality of the audio system and noise overall?

I had a Gladiator Mojave for a week and rocks were always bouncing off the windshield from gravel trains and the road surface.

1623685312178.png

JeepMills

Reaction score
I was able to add Gorilla Glass to my JLU Sahara order that was placed on 5/10. Got VIN on 5/11. Been sitting in D status since. Can Mopar insiders get any idea of when these will start moving? Got a whole forum of guys waiting and everyone of us who has GG on their order sheet has not moved past D into D1.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I was able to add Gorilla Glass to my JLU Sahara order that was placed on 5/10. Got VIN on 5/11. Been sitting in D status since. Can Mopar insiders get any idea of when these will start moving? Got a whole forum of guys waiting and everyone of us who has GG on their order sheet has not moved past D into D1.

There are several delays thanks to semi-conductor shortages and other vendors being slowed up thanks to having shortages in the workforce.

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
Everyone I know who’ve had a Wrangler has had this happen and more than once for some. Known as the “Jeep Crack.”Definitely the window angle. Glad to see the gorilla glass option and at a decent price. Let me know when they have transperisteel windshields however. Seems like there are a lot of cracked windshields around today and not only Wrangler.

fence82246

Reaction score

2 Wranglers - 2004 Rubicon and a 2013 JKUR10A. Replaced 1 windshield on the 2004. I replaced the windshield 4 times on the 2013...3 times in the span of 1 summer. Luckily it was under coverage by my auto insurance policy... But by the 3rd time it happened my insurance agent was giving me a hard time... The 4th time she asked me if I was cracking them on purpose.

WXman

Reaction score
Guess I must just be lucky. We even have a rock quarry 2 miles or so from my house. Dump trucks on the roads all the time.

I do long highway trips around Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Commute to work in bumper to bumper traffic. Play around off road at times.

I've never had one crack, and I've never known anybody else around here with a Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator that had one crack.

To hear others say they have constant issues with it makes me wonder what the road conditions are like there.

Jeep Toad

Reaction score

Jeep® Introduces New Gorilla Glass Option For Wrangler & Gladiator Models:​

Ordering Now Open...​

View attachment 4702

Over the past couple of years, we have seen case after case of Jeep® Wrangler and Gladiator owners complaining about how easily their windshields have developed cracks or stone chips during regular driving. Many people have believed that the rake of the windshield on the Wrangler and Gladiator has a lot to do with the windows getting hit by various debris.

BUYER BEWARE! 2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY FROM MOPAR/JEEP GORILLA GLASS NOT SO HOT!

Gorilla Glass windshield cracked after small road debris hit it at less than 20 mph. Now neither Jeep nor MOPAR/Gorilla Glass want to honor the 2-yr. limited warranty.
WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO INSPECT AND EVALUATE IT FIRST!

New 2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport with less than 11,000 miles on it, had small object strike windshield at less than 20mph by a vehicle that was going around us after turning onto another highway after we were both stopped at a red light awaiting a left turn. Didn't see anything strike our windshield, just heard the impact when the other vehicle was crossing back into our lane after it passed us. So, it had to be a very small object that struck the windshield! No noticeable damage was obvious at the time of the impact, just the noise of it being struck and we didn't stop to investigate it until later when it was safe to stop at our destination 10 minutes away. Again, both of us were traveling less than 20 mph as we had just started to travel onto the new highway for a left turn at the red light. Damn, that sucks!
Looked up Jeep/MOPAR warranty for the Gorilla Glass which states that:
MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions. Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty. Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED: Damage caused by any other force such as an accident, large debris, fraud, falling objects or other acts of God are not warrantable. The damage from road debris referred to in this section is warrantable notwithstanding other provisions in the Mopar warranty. Additional exclusions may apply
OK! So, we are believing, no problem! We didn't even see an object strike the windshield, only heard it hit, and no other damage occurred at the time of the impact.
SO, Check--small pebble or other small object we couldn't even see at the time of the impact has struck the windshield. We didn't even know it was damaged until 10 minutes later when we were safely able to stop at our destination and we noticed there was now a crack and traced it back to its originating point. (ANY windshield will crack AFTER an impact occurrence), so we believe this should be a covered warranty occurrence according to the above description from their own warranty. Right? Wrong!!!
We called our dealer salesperson first and asked about procedures and explained how the situation occurred. Dealer salesperson stated that it probably would NOT be covered as it wasn't a factory nor installation defect. I explained that it was my interpretation of the warranty that states "road debris" WAS covered under certain conditions according to the written 2-yr. Limited Warranty that I read, and I asked for a review and check up on that information. Next day, he states that he asked the Service Dept. technicians and "NOPE, NOT COVERED!"
Naturally, I did not accept this information alone and I called the Service Dept. directly and asked about the warranty after explaining how this incident occurred and was promptly informed that the dealership did not replace windshields but sub-contracted these incident repairs out to a third party. That the warranty would not cover this repair either and I would have to contact my insurance provider. THIS IS WITHOUT EVER ACTUALLY LOOKING AT THE DAMAGED WINDSHIELD EVER BY ANYONE FROM THEIR SIDE OF THIS SITUATION!
I then contacted FCA concerning how the dealership basically just blew off this incident WITHOUT even trying to inspect and evaluate the windshield damage even after hearing how the incident occurred in the first place. I explained the steps of the initial damage to the FCA rep. also. They were very nice and understanding about my loss but sent an email later on that day that stated what I call the "LOOPHOLE CLAUSE" as it is written, "that MOPAR warrants your windshield damage associated from roadside debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25cm) and less than 3 inches/7.6cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, ARE NOT covered by this warranty. Call your insurance provider!
I have a blemish impact mark that ISN"T AS WIDE AS THE EDGE OF A US QUARTER much less 1 inch and approximately a 10-inch crack that ONLY occurred about 10 minutes later after we were able to stop at our destination and investigate it all. NO CRACKING WAS EVER EVIDENT AT THE TIME OF THE INITIAL IMPACT OCCURRENCE!
ANY WINDSHIELD WILL EVENTUALLY CRACK!
We believe that they should have at least tried to investigate and evaluate the damage BEFORE passing judgement on the issue of warrantability. They should NOT be promoting and building up the endurance and durability of the Gorilla Glass windshield product as a selling point if they won't even try to look at and evaluate situations when they may occur. They definitely should rewrite the limited warranty clause to represent the truth more precisely and accurately. This is very disappointing on Gorilla Glass windshields, Jeep, MOPAR, FCA and Lake Norman Jeep NC!
There will NEVER BE ANOTHER Gorilla Glass product on any of my future vehicles and probably WON"T BE ANOTHER JEEP PRODUCT IN MY DRIVEWAY EVER AGAIN!
Real quick to push the sale, brag on the alleged "QUALITY" of the Gorilla Glass, and added value to the Jeep because of it, BUT sure ran away from their accountability and responsibility when an incident occurs. We are very disappointed with this whole mess and are regretting our Jeep purchase all together if this is how "business" is conducted. What else is going to happen when something else occurs? This really sucks! Especially, without evaluating it! Come on. 10 minutes later when we were able to safely stop and investigate it ourselves? 10 minutes is all it took to form a 10-inch crack and BAM! THERE'S YOUR LOOPHOLE! Really????? That's the way you do business?
We hope and understand that there may be other folks that believe the JEEP/Gorilla Glass product and videos are one of the best products on the market these days and I wish you all the best. This is just my own opinion and circumstance involving Gorilla Glass, Jeep, MOPAR, FCA and Lake Norman Jeep NC. Shame on us for not stopping traffic and leaving our vehicle in the middle of a busy highway just to meet your warranty obligations. Shame on you for the propaganda in your sales tactics and non-service dept. concepts, and finally Gorilla Glass for ensuring the LOOPHOLE clause was worded just right and being SO QUICK to point it out, so that no liability would fall back on you guys. Shame on us all! It's real SAD!

Users who are viewing this thread