Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The All-New Jeep® Grand Cherokee L Is Arriving In Dealer Inventories:

The All-New Jeep® Grand Cherokee L Is Arriving In Dealer Inventories:​

The Fifth-Generation Grand Cherokee Is Finally Here...​

1622058920256.png

It’s been almost 30 years since the Jeep® brand launched the Grand Cherokee nameplate. Since then, the Grand Cherokee has become the most-awarded SUV nameplate ever and has sold nearly 7 million around the world. Well, a new chapter is upon us, with the launch of the first part of a trio of new variants for the all-new Grand Cherokee (WL) that is now arriving in dealer’s inventories around the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

cygnus

Reaction score
"Both new models will join the Grand Cherokee L on the assembly line at the new Detroit Assembly Complex – Mack Plant on Detroit’s east side."

That's new - so Mack is building WL75, WL74, WL74 PHEV. I presume there will be a WL75 PHEV in the next year or so as well.

What will the renovated JNAP build - more WL74/WD? Is it possible that they continue to build the old WK2 as well?

bill burke

Reaction score
You pose some interesting questions and your speculation on continued WK2 production is thought provoking. Could the WK2, reskinned and updated become the next generation Cherokee? I have the opinion that going RWD will help the Cherokee in capability, add performance models and free it from the shadow of is FWD Compass-Renegade cousins. It also frees up its current factory for new product, perhaps spin-offs from Peugeot for a couple of Chrysler brand vehicles. Makes for a good discussion.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
"Both new models will join the Grand Cherokee L on the assembly line at the new Detroit Assembly Complex – Mack Plant on Detroit’s east side."

That's new - so Mack is building WL75, WL74, WL74 PHEV. I presume there will be a WL75 PHEV in the next year or so as well.

What will the renovated JNAP build - more WL74/WD? Is it possible that they continue to build the old WK2 as well?

According to FCA, WL74, WL74 PHEV, and WL75 will all be produced at Mack. WL74 and WD will be produced at Jefferson.

Nothing has been said of a PHEV WL75 from the automaker.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
You pose some interesting questions and your speculation on continued WK2 production is thought provoking. Could the WK2, reskinned and updated become the next generation Cherokee? I have the opinion that going RWD will help the Cherokee in capability, add performance models and free it from the shadow of is FWD Compass-Renegade cousins. It also frees up its current factory for new product, perhaps spin-offs from Peugeot for a couple of Chrysler brand vehicles. Makes for a good discussion.
I hope not. If something is going to be "reskinned and updated," do it to the Stelvio.

Users who are viewing this thread