Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfa Romeo Launches New Brand Headquarters In Italy:

Alfa Romeo Launches New Brand Headquarters In Italy:​

Centro Stile, Won't Be Just For Design Anymore...​

1619125432244.png

Like the Maserati brand, the Alfa Romeo brand is in the middle of a reinvention period of the brand. With the recent merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) and Peugeot S.A. (PSA) completed to form Stellantis, CEO Carlos Tavares put Jean-Philippe Imparato (who formerly oversaw the Peugeot brand) in charge of the iconic Italian brand back in January. Imparato has since introduced several new key managers to the brand, hoping that it will continue to grow Alfa Romeo in key markets like North America and China.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Perhaps proximity will engender senergy and creativity that will translate into more and better products. I will once again argue that AR needs more product especially larger sedans and SUVs, a couple of performance coupes, more dealerships separated from Fiat, more marketing and a halo vehicle to attract attention. Unless they see the obvious stated here, this new headquarters will be a pretty face and nothing more. They must become affordable Maseratis and a automotive cultural connection to that brand is essential, both brands promoting Italian prestige, style, engineering and excitement. So much potential here.

Tony K

Reaction score
@bill burke my take is either Tavares and Imparato "get it," more or less as you've stated, or AR becomes a dead brand in a decade. It seems that, based on what they're saying, they do. They just have to put their money and their leadership where their mouths are. "Affordable Maserati" might not be the optimal marketing statement, but I suppose that's a reasonable "under the breath" way of thinking about AR in very general terms. That would seem to mean going back to the "Maserati-Alfa" teaming from early FCA to create the necessary synergies. I do think they need to cast a wider swath on the lower end of size, without getting down in the economy car zone of Fiat, although BMW has to a degree with their 1 Series, so perhaps in Europe that's still reasonable where it may not be in the NA market.

Users who are viewing this thread