Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tavares Responds To Cherokee Nation Chief Request To End “Cherokee” Nameplate:

Tavares Responds To Cherokee Nation Chief Request To End “Cherokee” Nameplate:​

If There Is A Problem "We Will Solve It"!​

1615134179527.png

In a recent article from Car and Driver magazine, the automobile magazine is reporting that the Cherokee Nation is asking the Jeep® to stop using the “Cherokee” nameplate across its lineup of award-winning sport utility vehicles (SUVs). “I’m sure this comes from a place that is well-intended, but it does not honor us by having our … (read full article...)

Last edited by a moderator:

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
Just rename it and be done with it. The company itself has changed it’s name more times than you can shake a stick at. Nobody was smart enough then just to leave the name “Chrysler”.
If it’s not already used, call it
Jeep Freedom & Jeep Grand Freedom.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
I suspect a “money grab” by someone that neither represents the Cherokee nation, it’s people or there collective sentiments. In stating wisely Tavares made it clear that those negotiations would be conducted directly with members of the Cherokee nation. Call me cynical, but I think one will find a diffent position and pride in saluting their people their history and culture through an “All American” nameplate with Jeep. Are we all not Americans first and foremost? Intelligent and honest response.

Users who are viewing this thread