What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram 700 Laramie CVT Turbo: Ram’s Newest Subcompact

2024 Ram 700 Laramie CVT Turbo: Ram’s Newest Subcompact​

A Modern Take on Classic Utility with Exclusive Features and Turbo Power...​

1725040769439.png

The 2024 Ram 700 Laramie CVT Turbo has made its debut in the Mexican market, bringing a new level of luxury, comfort, and convenience to the subcompact pickup truck segment. As the latest addition to the Ram 700 lineup, the Laramie CVT Turbo is designed to meet the needs of both commercial and recreational users, making it one of the most versatile and capable subcompact pickups in the Mexican marketplace.

Fiat is going to introduce a new Panda themed small truck similar in size to the Ram 700/Fiat Strada. We will know more about that new model in the coming weeks. I used to think the the Ram 700 was too small for North America, but I've changed my mind. There is a need for a small urban friendly vehicle like this. The CVT transmission is a liability, but a hybrid set with an e-axle would be ideal.

If I lived in a state with CARB rules, I would much rather have a truck this size, rather than the upcoming Ram REV. The smaller pickup would use a smaller battery, which can charge to full much faster using a level 2 outlet than the huge battery electric pickup trucks like the REV. I still think a hybrid powertrain would be a better seller over other power alternatives.

Just so we don't have to drive them. There is RamCharger on a trailer for sale down the road if someone wants to save it.

Back