What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee – Improves On Standard Equipment & Adds More Tech

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee – Improves On Standard Equipment & Adds More Tech
Jeep's Most Luxurious And Performance-Based Nameplate, Comes Into 2019 With Some Tech Improvements...

JP019_109GCp7si3nlfv5eau73dugi1v32fn9-780x405.jpg

2019 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Summit. (Jeep).

Back in July, we told you about two new special edition Grand Cherokee models coming for the 2019. Well Jeep has released their official press release for the 2019 Grand Cherokee. Most of what is new for Grand Cherokee is technology based. Let’s take a look at the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee…

Jeep® Grand Cherokee is the most awarded SUV ever and the vehicle that has long defined what a premium SUV should be. Legendary Jeep capability comes courtesy of four available 4×4 systems, Jeep’s Quadra-Lift air suspension system and class-leading Selec-Terrain traction management system. Grand Cherokee boasts best-in-class towing of 7,200 pounds and a crawl ratio of 44.1:1. For 2019, the Grand Cherokee lineup continues to offer a variety of models, including the Trackhawk, the most powerful and quickest SUV ever, as well as the most capable factory-produced and most luxurious Grand Cherokee models ever with the Trailhawk and Summit.

Grand Cherokee’s exterior design — complete with available bi-xenon headlamps with signature LED daytime running lamps (DRL) — provides a premium appearance. Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk models feature an aggressive, functional exterior design that optimizes airflow and cooling with the signature seven-slot upper front grille flanked by adaptive, bi-xenon headlamps. The headlamps on the Trackhawk model feature a unique Gloss Black background to accent their jewel-like appearance. Interior luxury is achieved with premium amenities, including Natura leather, exotic open-pore wood trim, and unique color offerings

JP019_112GCmr7b7j8i635igpqcpk09d7m88n.jpg

2019 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. (Jeep)

To find out more about the new features for 2019 and to continue reading, click here.

I love the new gloss black bezel and the blue lights in the buttons.

I'm a fan of the same things too. As far as I could tell with the 2018 GC SRT I reviewed last month, I believe it had the blue lights as well.

I'm a fan of the same things too. As far as I could tell with the 2018 GC SRT I reviewed last month, I believe it had the blue lights as well.
Weren’t they yellow/orange just recently?

Edit: I knew I wasn’t crazy!
70DE40A7-A7DC-4540-866D-EA839271EAD2.jpeg

Although that’s a 2018 Altitude so it could be that only the SRT and Trackhawk get the blue lights.

Woohoo finally some Jeep love!

I'm torn.... keep the 2018 Trackhawk, purchase a 2019 upgraded Trackhawk or hold out for 2020 Trackhawk and the Demon engine... but no solid sneak peaks yet on the new WL body.. so many decisions...

Weren’t they yellow/orange just recently?

Edit: I knew I wasn’t crazy!
View attachment 745

Although that’s a 2018 Altitude so it could be that only the SRT and Trackhawk get the blue lights.

I just looked, all the interior photos I took were of the Jeep off so nothing was lit up, except for this one I took of the start button and you can see the blue backlighting where it says off.

dsc00260

I just looked, all the interior photos I took were of the Jeep off so nothing was lit up, except for this one I took of the start button and you can see the blue backlighting where it says off.

dsc00260
Maybe it's just an SRT thing then.

I strongly prefer blue lights in cars to the yellow or red ones.

Maybe it's just an SRT thing then.

I strongly prefer blue lights in cars to the yellow or red ones.

Me too, one of my biggest disappointments with the new Ram was them going from the ice blue backlighting and ambient lighting on the 4th gen trucks to white.

Me too, one of my biggest disappointments with the new Ram was them going from the ice blue backlighting and ambient lighting on the 4th gen trucks to white.
I'd love to have the 300 gauge cluster in my car and hack the Uconnect system to allow me to put the blue Chrysler wallpapers on it. Realistically though, it's not worth the effort or money.

Amped on that Limited X package.

Did I read it correctly - they did away with the Uconnect 7.0" and made 8.4 standard on all trims?

Amped on that Limited X package.

Did I read it correctly - they did away with the Uconnect 7.0" and made 8.4 standard on all trims?
Wish I had some clearer pictures of the Limited X. I'm not registered to download high-res pics on the FCA Media site.
limitedx1.jpglimitedx2.jpg

That new bezel really updates the look considerably!

I'm a fan of white or blue lighting, not so much the yellow/orange tho.

So it's not a GC, but I found some real-life pictures of Slate Blue (called Blue Shade Pearl on Cherokee)... definitely my favorite FCA color.
b9375c57f95420e48f9ba66f9c42dad7.jpgb99877995323e5914ff23f5a7dd0ec57.jpg3227b4a09992058c8dbf6697a4e51634.jpg

That's classy.

There was a "Steel Blue" offered on the 2007 Caliber too, which was similar, if not the same too.

I wonder how close it is to the old steel blue. Years ago a friend of mine had a steel blue 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited and I loved that color. Couldn't find it when I ended up buying mine as they weren't very common.

Back