What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis to Close Arizona Proving Grounds in Cost-Cutting Move

Stellantis to Close Arizona Proving Grounds in Cost-Cutting Move​

Automaker Shifts Testing To Toyota's Arizona Facility As Part Of Efficiency Strategy...​

1729401634497.png

Stellantis has officially announced the closure of its Arizona Proving Grounds in Yucca, Arizona, by the end of 2024. The decision comes as part of a broader cost-cutting strategy under CEO Carlos Tavares, aiming to streamline the automaker’s global operations and improve efficiency in a competitive market. This move marks another step in Stellantis’ efforts to reduce expenses and reshape its real estate footprint.

Let’s face it there is not much different in pickup trucks and SUVs that a secure testing facility needs to hide. Camouflage on the exterior, some covering on the dash, what’s to see? I’m keeping my 2019 Jeep Cherokee because it is a very reliable and handsome vehicle and frankly there is nothing compelling that’s coming to get me to buy a new Jeep. No turbo, no premium fuel, love that Pentastar Six. An SUV is an SUV. My wife keeps walking up to other SUVs in parking lots, as she says to me, they all look the same. Yes they do.
Sell the place.

Back