What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis CEO Tavares Plans Major Management Shakeup

Stellantis CEO Tavares Plans Major Management Shakeup​

Addressing Declining Profits and Evolving Market Demands...​

1728513238155.png

Carlos Tavares, CEO of Stellantis, is preparing to implement significant changes within the automaker’s leadership structure in response to mounting challenges in North America and globally. According to a report by Bloomberg News, Tavares aims to address declining sales and profits that have put pressure on the company’s financial outlook and share price. These issues have been especially pronounced in the United States, where Stellantis has struggled with weakening demand, an inventory surplus, and a misaligned product strategy.

As I’ve stated before - put the Frenchman in charge , right? The French understanding of the North American market is well documented with ZERO success stories. All too predictable . And now we begin the corporate revolving door blaming some group of over paid execs who never knew what the heck they were doing to begin with. And twelve months from now his lousy butt Tavares will be gone, and the new group will be gone, shown the door again. Until finally the owners, or their mother or grandmother, or whatever royalty is really calling the shots gets tired off losing their ars, and call the chicomms to sell cheap. Mark it down, it’s coming. Buy your Indian engineered, Iranian designed , Chinese owned Mopar on the cheap!! It’s over boys. Nothing to see here.

The early reviews are out on the Leap T03. It seems that Stellantis is going out of their way to make sure the quality of the Polish built models for Europe is spot on. Why the heck hasn't this been done for North American products? Fiat and Alfa products have made terrible first impressions to American buyers. The Wagoneer models, the 4Xe power train Jeeps, and Ram's latest all have substandard quality.

Not sure what he’s thinking? The whole problem or at least with the American Mopar brand is stale product and lack of new product. They finally updated the charger, but they left the gap in between the old one and the new one that was a big mistake on their part. Failing to replace the classic pick up that’s going out of production is another mistake. Cutting Chrysler to one product is another mistake. You’re only gonna have a couple Jeeps and a pick up and one Dodge. That doesn’t sound like a good business move.

Not sure what he’s thinking? The whole problem or at least with the American Mopar brand is stale product and lack of new product. They finally updated the charger, but they left the gap in between the old one and the new one that was a big mistake on their part. Failing to replace the classic pick up that’s going out of production is another mistake. Cutting Chrysler to one product is another mistake. You’re only gonna have a couple Jeeps and a pick up and one Dodge. That doesn’t sound like a good business move.
Yeah but he can't pull a rabbit out his ash... He didn't decide to Merge he got the Job, Platform consolidation and Fiscal freeze for due diligence are direct outcome of the decision to Merge. He has to deal with it.

For sure the gap until the KM and LBs is a disaster. And please the Chyrsler Brand nonsense is tiresome. They were selling less than 1 300 per month per dealer, that isn't the issue.

We want quality launches but at the same time how do the jump the 6 to 9 month gap created by the merger...

I am not a Fan of him at all but seems this forum has moved from legit reasonable discussions into blame and flame throwing.

I am sorry we were all fans of some of the old leadership, but much of this is on the incumbent team in NA.

And for those who don't know most the 4xe issue are on Samsung, and it not limited to just Jeep.... it would be a bit like blaming Jeep for Takata airbags. Battery are a new world that is going to take adjustment too, since regulators pushed it.

It may sound stupid to some, but I think there are a number of parallels between late 1970's and now. Back then, the "lot rot" cars were rentals returned at the end of lease that were eroding the prices on brand new cars. And they were bleeding cash. I don't recall what they did to unload all that inventory. Back then they had nothing to sell but 30' underpowered barges, choked with new smog gear, and there were major quality issues much like today. But there were some projects in development and engineering that were used to lift the company out of bankruptcy. Makes me shudder to think what's getting lost in some engineer's computer after they're laid off. What's already somewhere in the funnel that could be the next K car story for today? Quite often, these blogs only talk about Hemi this and V-8 that. Some of my favorite toys no doubt though the new ones are too damn pricey. But all of that is beside the point. First and foremost, the only way to save all of these brands is to offer good cars and trucks in the entry level markets too. You can't just be a HALO car maker unless you want to shrink to the size of a Maserati or Lamborghini. And that ain't enough volume to save 80,000 USA jobs. Anyway, I highly recommend google-ing "K Car that saved Chrysler".
I know what they did with four of those rental used cars, I bought two and my father in law and good friend one each. Now defunct Glen Motors in Lauelton, Queens, NY offered these cars at ridiculous prices. As a newly married guy, I could not pass on these, a 1972 Dodge Polara and a year later a Dodge Omni O24 for my wife. The Polara was wonderful, the Omni she wants to forget.
Those days of one year old used cars with a warranty at bargain prices are long gone, but I knew a good deal and Glen Motors offed a deal few could resist. They moved cars like crazy to guys like me, young and willing.

BREAKING: Stellantis Announces Key Leadership Changes

And Here We Go Again...​

1728621624029.png

Stellantis has announced several management changes, effective immediately, aimed at streamlining operations and improving organizational performance amidst current global challenges. These adjustments are implemented under the leadership of CEO Carlos Tavares, emphasizing a focus on core business objectives.

Again no USA! American with Red, White, and Blue Blood! to lead North America and a report in Crain’s Detroit. Crain’s Detroit broke the story, reported again by Crain publication Automotive News, that Stellantis is talking with Governor Gretchen Whitmer about leaving Michigan, and the Chrysler Technology Center (CTC), behind. Stellantis refused to comment beyond pointing out that it has been in Michigan for more than 100 years (tacitly acknowledging that Maxwell Motors was the home of Chrysler before Chrysler Corporation was created) and that they appreciated the “partnership” with the governor and the state. Well guess I'm a fool hoping Mopar would Last in my lifetime. My guts saying only Jeep, and Ram, will be in play in the future as cash cows for Europe! and not made here in the Future but in Mexico etc. hell they already got plants making the same jeeps they make here overseas! I'm tired of this BS! Robert Eaton I hate YOU!

It might be buyers remorse, but these guys might still be employed if they had just listened to regular folks. Global warming, the Green New Deal and the 2030 Dare Forward Plan are all psychobabble speak that cleverly narrates a far left political agenda. Guess that puts me in the political arena, but when you have truth, facts and street smarts on your side, you can join the battle with confidence. Touché!
Diplomas on the wall, an influential and rich daddy, no one daring to challenge your group think nonsense, unbridled greed and intolerable arrogance does not make good policy. We, the people told you so !
Really gets me angry, none of this had to happen. Lunch pail logic.

The product they were putting out until Stellantis took the reins was propelling the company to heights they had never seen before....outselling NEW Mustang and Camaro offerings with the outdated Challenger, pushing Ram past Chevrolet for the first time ever, and putting Wranglers in every neighborhood in America. So Stellantis naturally would keep that fire hot, right?

Of course not. They immediately announced to the world that their strategy was going to shift and it would be a new path forward. And then they can't figure out why sales aren't what they were just a few years ago. I don't get it. How can business executives be that stupid?

I have a backwoods friend from eastern Kentucky who always says, "the only rule to running a money machine is to never turn it off."

From my perspective, Stellantis has a few major problems, execution and brand & market understanding. There is nothing wrong with downsizing engines, bringing out EVs, or changing things up and I truly understand that the brand is in a financial bind when it comes to all of the fees and fines they're getting from the EPA had the embarrassment of having to buy tax credits from Tesla. But their knee-jerk reaction is costing them big time. The biggest thing right now is cutting losses of what already is and moving forward in a different direction and alot of what they've got wrong right now is salvageable if they move with purpose.

Right now, Stellantis is suffering with a lot of overpriced cars sitting on dealer lots that they cant move. The solution is to slash prices as low as possible, take the loss and work on recovery over the next 10 years or so. The next thing they need to do is recover from the failure of the hornet. The hornet is literally bleeding Dodge to death as well with the defects the thing has from issues with the hybrid system to the new recalls of brake failures. The car was a great idea but it was rushed so it's a steaming pile of manure taking up space on lots as well and costing stellantis money.

I've said this before and I'll say it again a million times more. Stellantis was smart for the STLA platforms and for the Hurricane powertrains because for the North American market, Stellantis doesn't need anything beyond the STLA Large & STLA Frame platforms to be successful. The STLA Large platform can accommodate FWD, RWD, AWD & 4x4 setups with longitudinally and transversely mounted drivetrains which means the STLA:Large platform can handle anything from coupes, sedans, crossovers, mid-size SUVs, minivans, small trucks and the Ram Pro-Master. Simply put, with one platform, Stellantis can add multiple vehicles to Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram & Ram Commercial with several different powertrains that can give us anything from general people movers to some seriously high powered Mopar Monsters! My genuine hope though is that Stellantis doesn't forget to offer Affordable models like a Charger GT with a hybrid 2.0L Turbo Hurricane setup similar to the 4Xe with about 390hp and 450lb-ft of torque and AWD in a GT/GLH pkg. But not to get into specific trim pkgs right now, my point is, if Stellantis would have done things different, even in how they've been presenting things, they wouldn't have alot of the problems they have right now.

Back