What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Launches Charger Daytona Ordering, But There’s A Catch

Dodge Launches Charger Daytona Ordering, But There’s A Catch​

Customers Who Order By Halloween, Will Get A Special Experience Package...​

1726521571047.png

Dodge has officially opened orders for its all-new, all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T and Scat Pack models, marking the start of a new chapter for the brand in high-performance e-muscle cars. Dubbed the “First Call,” this exclusive offering allows early buyers a VIP experience, along with a welcome kit, and a two-day visit to the Radford Racing School in Chandler, Arizona.

Oh for the euphoria of the Hornet launch, when in mere hours 14,000 orders were placed for the new Dodge SUV. Those, let’s call them “ghost orders”, certainly buoyed spirits of Dodge fans, but in a matter of months evaporated into the slowest selling car on the market. Seems Math was not a subject taught to Dodge officials in high school.
Honest Dodge loyalists know that the Charger Daytona, unless more ghosts are out there ordering online, that this Dodge will meet with a yawn and a shrug, it’s not going to fly out of showrooms at launch or anytime before the Hurricane Six Packs arrive.
Call me pessimistic but I did pass Math in high school.

Oh for the euphoria of the Hornet launch, when in mere hours 14,000 orders were placed for the new Dodge SUV. Those, let’s call them “ghost orders”, certainly buoyed spirits of Dodge fans, but in a matter of months evaporated into the slowest selling car on the market. Seems Math was not a subject taught to Dodge officials in high school.
Honest Dodge loyalists know that the Charger Daytona, unless more ghosts are out there ordering online, that this Dodge will meet with a yawn and a shrug, it’s not going to fly out of showrooms at launch or anytime before the Hurricane Six Packs arrive.
Call me pessimistic but I did pass Math in high school.
Yawn

But, Bill is right. This has failure to launch all over it. Massive, massive failure.
Nice to know others see my point. Really wish this whole discussion did not have to take place, but real world consumers of Dodge product know it’s necessary. If not us, who will influence Dodge management to adjust course and save the muscle in Dodge ? The Daytona is a legitimate product, exciting and innovative, but it will only resonate with a fraction of Dodge fans. Maybe in some markets elsewhere in a global setting it might find some buyers, but for muscle heads in our domestic market it’s D.O.A. Dodge, rush that updated V-8 powered smaller Challenger coupe to market, build a performance hatchback off the R/T Hornet and save the brand. Refusing to hear the cries of the masses is like spitting into the wind. Yup, AND.. “don’t mess around with Jim” just might be appropriate advice.

Random side note: That picture is the color they are calling "After Dark" and it looks exactly like "Patriot Blue" that's been on the Ram trucks since the beginning of time. Looks like that color is FINALLY going to also make it to the Jeep Wrangler under the name "Fathom Blue". Don't know what has taken them so long to move that color to the Dodge cars. It's one of the best colors they've ever come up with. Changes depending upon lighting. Sometimes mine would look green, sometimes blue, sometimes almost black.

Random side note: That picture is the color they are calling "After Dark" and it looks exactly like "Patriot Blue" that's been on the Ram trucks since the beginning of time. Looks like that color is FINALLY going to also make it to the Jeep Wrangler under the name "Fathom Blue". Don't know what has taken them so long to move that color to the Dodge cars. It's one of the best colors they've ever come up with. Changes depending upon lighting. Sometimes mine would look green, sometimes blue, sometimes almost black.
Had a 2013 Dodge Charger in Jazz Blue. Almost the same color as the Patriot Blue great color.

Nice to know others see my point. Really wish this whole discussion did not have to take place, but real world consumers of Dodge product know it’s necessary. If not us, who will influence Dodge management to adjust course and save the muscle in Dodge ? The Daytona is a legitimate product, exciting and innovative, but it will only resonate with a fraction of Dodge fans. Maybe in some markets elsewhere in a global setting it might find some buyers, but for muscle heads in our domestic market it’s D.O.A. Dodge, rush that updated V-8 powered smaller Challenger coupe to market, build a performance hatchback off the R/T Hornet and save the brand. Refusing to hear the cries of the masses is like spitting into the wind. Yup, AND.. “don’t mess around with Jim” just might be appropriate advice.
Bill, I agree with you 100%. I do understand electric is the way we’re going, even though I hate it and I probably won’t buy one. At my age of a young 59, I’ll probably be dead before there’s no more gas engines left out there. But with that being said, I think Dodge dropped the ball on this. I think if the ICE engines with the new hurricane should have came out first. I think it probably would’ve been more successful. The only drawback to my plan is the fact that they’re still overrun with the 2023 Chargers on the lot so having a new style ICE Charger on the lot next to them. I don’t know how sales would’ve went. If it wasn’t for the overflow of the 2023s, putting out the ICE engine Chargers first, I think they would’ve been more successful in both the ICE and EV engine sales.

I think if the ICE engines with the new hurricane should have came out first. I think it probably would’ve been more successful.

Right. You know what they say about first impressions. First impressions are everything.

Why would you release the new car in EV form only, knowing full well that most buyers don't want EV and ALL buyers of muscle cars don't want EV? The I6TT version of the car will have at least a little alure, but by the time they release those to the public now buyers will already be turned off.

As far as the excess '22 and '23 inventory....they could have sold all of those by now with better pricing and incentives. It's not like people don't want them, the price is just too high.

Complete and total disaster at the top of the chain. Stellantis leadership is to blame for it all.

Right. You know what they say about first impressions. First impressions are everything.

Why would you release the new car in EV form only, knowing full well that most buyers don't want EV and ALL buyers of muscle cars don't want EV? The I6TT version of the car will have at least a little alure, but by the time they release those to the public now buyers will already be turned off.

As far as the excess '22 and '23 inventory....they could have sold all of those by now with better pricing and incentives. It's not like people don't want them, the price is just too high.

Complete and total disaster at the top of the chain. Stellantis leadership is to blame for it all.
I’d cut Carlos and company a little slack had they no idea of what makes Dodge tick, but they had people all over the organization telling them the deal. It’s the elitist “I’m smarter than you” attitude and condescending opinion of our type of muscle car buyers they don’t respect at all. Americans are too shallow to realize I’m selling them an electric wokemobile in muscle car clothing to realize it and I’m so smart. Kiss kiss.
Hey, I am a retired executive professional with a PD. who lived my career in the midst of these self proclaimed intellectuals who ridiculed my drag racing and Mopar collecting hobbies as low brow and an insult to my station in life. Fools, pinheads all, could not screw a light bulb into a socket or walk and chew gum at the same time, but like me, they had that degree on the wall. No slack cut here, as you said, these guys are to blame if the Daytona flops. Kiss, kiss.

Back