What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® CEO Antonio Filosa Begins Turnaround Plan Following Sales Slump

Jeep® CEO Antonio Filosa Begins Turnaround Plan Following Sales Slump​

Filosa Targets 1,000,000 U.S. Sales By 2027 With New Models And Pricing Strategies...​

1726497708814.png

Jeep®, known for its legendary off-road capability, is facing a new kind of challenge—a significant five-year-long sales decline in the U.S. Despite the struggles, Jeep’s CEO, Antonio Filosa, is optimistic about the future. He believes the brand’s worst days are behind it and has initiated a turnaround plan to recover market share and reach the ambitious goal of selling 1,000,000 vehicles domestically by 2027.

No time for panic, but is there anyone left who has confidence in the decision makers at Stellantis ? Put me on the list that feels there is little to build any confidence in the face of what is going on there, including at Jeep. Who in their right mind would end production on both the Cherokee and Renegade, two important products in their lineup, with NO REPLACEMENT in the wings? This is from people who are suppose to know the car business.
Hopefully the new guy on the block will have some ideas and some smarts, but for now, few see anything to evoke confidence.

I don't like being negative, especially when it comes to Mopar. But Stellantis as a whole needs to wake up and realize that they to pretty much scrap alot of what they've been doing and redirect themselves accordingly. Two platforms, four engines and two transmissions are all the Mopar brands need to succeed from here on out.
2 platforms: STLA Large, STLA frame
4 engines: 2.0L Hurricane-4 EVO, 3.0L Hurricane S/O, 3.0L Hurricane H/O & 6.7L Cummins Diesel
2 transmissions: ZF-Gen4 Hybrid, ZF powerline transmission for diesels
Stellantis is making everything so difficult for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Electrify everything, no exceptions. Give each vehicle lineup 4 or 5 different models, everything is AWD or 4x4 and move from there.
Jeep: STLA Large Cherokee & Grand Cherokee. STLA Frame= Wrangler & Gladiator
Chrysler: STLA Large: 300H coupe, New Yorker Sedan, Town & Country (Crossover), STLA Frame=Imperial full size SUV
Ram: STLA Frame = Dakota, Ram 1500, Ram HD class
Dodge: STLA Large= Charger coupe, Charger sedan, Gen-2 Hornet, Durango.
Only one EV setup should be allowed and that is the Ramcharger system with the 3.6L Pentastar generator for the Ram 1500 and also for the Imperial (grand Wagoneer). Everything is simple and straightforward and would be way more profitable than all of the rest of this overcomplicated nonsense

No time for panic, but is there anyone left who has confidence in the decision makers at Stellantis ? Put me on the list that feels there is little to build any confidence in the face of what is going on there, including at Jeep. Who in their right mind would end production on both the Cherokee and Renegade, two important products in their lineup, with NO REPLACEMENT in the wings? This is from people who are suppose to know the car business.
Hopefully the new guy on the block will have some ideas and some smarts, but for now, few see anything to evoke confidence.
I could be wrong but my thinking would be that Stellantis is figuring the Hornet will take over what the Cherokee/Renegade had going on. As I've said, Stellantis has overcomplicated everything, two platforms, 4 engines, 1 Ramcharger setup, 2 transmissions and four or five vehicles per brand. Everything from that point would be simple and stellantis would make money

Back