What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tavares Targets North American Turnaround for Stellantis

Tavares Targets North American Turnaround for Stellantis​

CEO To Address Profit Slump and EV Pushback In Urgent Strategy Shift...​

1724255094599.png

Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares is visiting the United States this week to develop a strategy to revitalize the company’s struggling North American operations. According to a source familiar with the plans, Tavares aims to have a plan in place by the end of the week, to reassure both employees and investors about the company’s future.

Will the self described arrogance end now and will American values, tastes and market realities be respected? Let’s hope so and let’s hope this Green New Deal Clown Show is over so we get the gas and hybrid powered vehicles we demand. Let’s get American design products on the fast track for Jeep, Dodge, Ram and oh yes, Chrysler. I could list the must do items, but until we see this guys plan,why waste to effort. Bottom line, arrogance has spoiled the porridge so far, hopefully respect and reality get us the meal everyone wants.
Now it’s time the Stellantis chef gets his menu right. Finally!

I've actually commented this before that moving to hybrid technology would actually be the best bet for Stellantis North America. The STLA Large and STLA Frame platforms would definitely benefit from the new ZF Gen-4 plug in hybrid 8-speed unit, mated to any of the Hurricane engines, including the 2.0L Hurricane-4, the 3.0L Standard Output, the 3.0L Hurricane H/O, the 3.0 Hurricane Cat-3 550hp/531tq engine and even the Hurricane Cat-X for whatever SRT models that powertrain goes in. Give everything AWD and Stellantis has a completely electrified portfolio of vehicles and solves their EPA issues.

Will the self described arrogance end now and will American values, tastes and market realities be respected? Let’s hope so and let’s hope this Green New Deal Clown Show is over so we get the gas and hybrid powered vehicles we demand. Let’s get American design products on the fast track for Jeep, Dodge, Ram and oh yes, Chrysler. I could list the must do items, but until we see this guys plan,why waste to effort. Bottom line, arrogance has spoiled the porridge so far, hopefully respect and reality get us the meal everyone wants.
Now it’s time the Stellantis chef gets his menu right. Finally!
a list of "must do items" would be fun

I've actually commented this before that moving to hybrid technology would actually be the best bet for Stellantis North America. The STLA Large and STLA Frame platforms would definitely benefit from the new ZF Gen-4 plug in hybrid 8-speed unit, mated to any of the Hurricane engines, including the 2.0L Hurricane-4, the 3.0L Standard Output, the 3.0L Hurricane H/O, the 3.0 Hurricane Cat-3 550hp/531tq engine and even the Hurricane Cat-X for whatever SRT models that powertrain goes in. Give everything AWD and Stellantis has a completely electrified portfolio of vehicles and solves their EPA issues.
Yes, I completely agree. Those modular platforms are the key to meeting everyone’s needs and wants. I am considering a SixPack Charger R/T Plus but not interested in all electric. Dodge having this choice available for traditional Dodge buyers is a brand saver if I’m a typical buyer. . I think the rapidity and extent and close minded approach of the changes has scared off many guys like me who love their Hemi Challengers and see no alternative. I had some hot Turbo four sports cars in the past and that experience has led me to the Hurricane powered cars as an alternative. Choice is key, but go slow and phase in the new stuff that respects the American buyer. Your suggestions are too logical to be ignored.

Back