What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram CEO Continues to Hint at Replacement for ProMaster City

Ram CEO Continues to Hint at Replacement for ProMaster City​

Sources Suggest Fiat E-Scudo Rebadging for 2026...​

1723485796544.png

Ram is preparing to reenter the small commercial van segment in the U.S., a market it exited when the Ram ProMaster City was retired. According to sources close to MoparInsiders.com, Ram’s upcoming offering will likely be a rebadged version of the Fiat E-Scudo, expected to debut as the new Ram ProMaster City in 2026, with production set to begin in late 2025.

The market for small commercial vehicles, including vans and pickups is looking Ram in the face. Fiat has all the engineering necessary to fill this glaring gap with a bit of domestic Ram expertise. Let’s hope, pray really, that the folks calling the shots on this Ram offer three modes of power for the new Pro-City specifically ICE, hybrid and electric. That triple choice must be there in EVERY vehicle Stellantis offers in North America, including competitive pricing or more problems will be created because these decision makers don’t understand or listen to the American buyers. Don’t get slapped in the face by the American public.
Good advice here.

The market for small commercial vehicles, including vans and pickups is looking Ram in the face. Fiat has all the engineering necessary to fill this glaring gap with a bit of domestic Ram expertise. Let’s hope, pray really, that the folks calling the shots on this Ram offer three modes of power for the new Pro-City specifically ICE, hybrid and electric. That triple choice must be there in EVERY vehicle Stellantis offers in North America, including competitive pricing or more problems will be created because these decision makers don’t understand or listen to the American buyers. Don’t get slapped in the face by the American public.
Good advice here.
They don't need EV available in every vehicle. And you could probably make some exclusively hybrid.

They don't need EV available in every vehicle. And you could probably make some exclusively hybrid.
Think your right, but the platforms are flexible enough to do it. My fear is all electric with no other option. I am concerned the Jeep Wagoneer S and Recon will fail miserably without at least a hybrid option.

Think your right, but the platforms are flexible enough to do it. My fear is all electric with no other option. I am concerned the Jeep Wagoneer S and Recon will fail miserably without at least a hybrid option.
The European market Fiat Scudo has 3 powertrain options. Diesel, battery electric, and hydrogen fuel-cell electric. Our emissions standards make a diesel option very expensive. The energy companies are just toying with us in this country with hydrogen. This leaves battery electric.

The previous Ram PMC was based on the Fiat Doblo which offered either diesel or battery electric. Ram substituted an American built, gasoline fueled four cylinder and transmission combo for the previous ProMaster City. I'm hoping for a variety of fuel options for the next one. A gas/electric hybrid with an e-axle option would be ideal. The Chrysler Pacifica already offers a PHEV option in a similar sized van, but that particular system hasn't received any updates in nearly a decade.

About the Wagoneer S. It is a limited edition sports model. It isn't intended for high sales numbers. There will be a Cherokee model that will be, hopefully there will be some more popular and practical powertrain offerings. If the Jeep brand wants to stop their sales slide they will need a gas fueled Recon option that is affordable.

Fleet manager are leaning hard toward EV models.... My suggestion would be to offer HEV and EV, this seems better sized for NA.

I expect the Recon to get a HEV version and like Pat says Wagoneer S volume likely doesn't require it,as the KM will come with a HEV model.

Back