What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Introduces Another Chinese Vehicle to Its Mexican Lineup

Dodge Introduces Another Chinese Vehicle to Its Mexican Lineup​

New Attitude Replaces Outgoing Mirage-Based Model...​

Image 624.jpeg

Dodge has unveiled a new addition to its lineup in Mexico, continuing its trend of rebranding Chinese-made vehicles for the local market. The latest model, the Dodge Attitude, is essentially a rebadged version of the GAC-Trumpchi Empow. This move follows the introduction of the Dodge Journey, which is based on the GAC-Trumpchi GS5, reinforcing Dodge’s strategy of leveraging Chinese automotive designs for the Mexican market.

Looks like quite a upgrade from Mirage, though I hate DCTs....

Good chance a lot of those parts came from my tool makers.

I had to laugh at the title it's says anti America in so many ways.

Why is the Mexican market getting more new vehicles than the U.S./Canada? WTF! Not saying we want China made vehicles, but my point is they are getting NEW product! There is more money up here, recession/inflationan and all. No excuse at all. The old version of this car by Mitsubishi would have been a good on fuel addition here. I am sure Mitsubishi could have made a N/A safe version work here.
As for the new Journey, I have been following that vehicle since it was introduced to Mexico a few years back. It is nice! It seems compatible to my wife’s Cherokee. Almost time to replace it. I would definitely look at the Journey as a replacement seeing I can’t get a new Cherokee. Stellantis seems to really be starving N/A of new Mopars.

Volvo and Buick sell Chinese cars in NA and no one seems to notice? Just saying. Pretty sure Canada allows EU safety standards so I think you will see them there.

Even Mitsubishi isn't bring that little crap wagon the USA much longer.

If you being following along I think LEAP will be the entry here, odd partnership with GAC after ending the Jeep arrangement.

Why is the Mexican market getting more new vehicles than the U.S./Canada? WTF! Not saying we want China made vehicles, but my point is they are getting NEW product! There is more money up here, recession/inflationan and all. No excuse at all. The old version of this car by Mitsubishi would have been a good on fuel addition here. I am sure Mitsubishi could have made a N/A safe version work here.
As for the new Journey, I have been following that vehicle since it was introduced to Mexico a few years back. It is nice! It seems compatible to my wife’s Cherokee. Almost time to replace it. I would definitely look at the Journey as a replacement seeing I can’t get a new Cherokee. Stellantis seems to really be starving N/A of new Mopars.
KM49, LB29, LB49, DT REPB. DT BEV, EJ, KM74, C6X, J4U, STLA Smart Jeep, STLA Medium Chrysler, STLA Large RAM.......... bottle necked by the Merger near as I can tell but many are Merger Platforms.

Few should be surprised, the Chinese will find the loopholes and exploit them to their advantage. I was surprised at the inroads they have made in Russia as they exceed Russian domestic products in many areas. They offer a good amount of updated vehicles that people are buying. No one seems to care in Moscow.
For me, I’m against allowing Chinese vehicles here but with the pace and confusion in our domestic operations, the door is opening slowly but surely. Hopefully things will change come January.

Back