Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inside Design: 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT “Redeye Express”:

Inside Design: 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT “Redeye Express”:
Santa's Sleigh Gets A Make Over...

1545842141646.png

After being on the set for commercials and being put on display at the L.A. Auto Show, the “Redeye Express” has found its way back home to the Chrysler World Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan. This allowed us to finally get a good look at this awesome creation from the FCA US Product Design Studio and the legendary fabricators at Metalcrafters.

For more information, click on the link below...
https://moparinsiders.com/inside-design-2019-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-redeye-express

Muther

Reaction score
It is one heck of a concept vehicle.

I am wondering if we are looking at design concepts for a next gen open topped Challenger?

It would be far from the first time FCA has hidden a new vehicle in plain site.

I aint sayin’, I’m just sayin’, you know what I’m sayin’?

Muther

Reaction score
If that B pillar, and a chopped windshield made production that would be cool.

Could somebody do a render of this interior, B pillar, and windshield on a regular Challenger? Or remove the skis, and put the doors and wheels back onto this one. Maybe raise the windshield a tad bit—closer to what would actually make production.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
It is one heck of a concept vehicle.

I am wondering if we are looking at design concepts for a next gen open topped Challenger?

It would be far from the first time FCA has hidden a new vehicle in plain site.

I aint sayin’, I’m just sayin’, you know what I’m sayin’?

Almost like a Targa top. But as far as I know... no it was just a design for this.

Muther

Reaction score
From an admittedly less than reliable source, I heard it was a design excercise, at least in part.

Blown7

Reaction score
I for one would have liked to see steerable skis and snowmobile tracks (or Matracks) at least and make it a self propelled vehicle.

It just doesn't make sense......

Muther

Reaction score
I for one would have liked to see steerable skis and snowmobile tracks (or Matracks) at least and make it a self propelled vehicle.

It just doesn't make sense......
The open top is to what I was referring. I heard that his was the design team having fun, and experimenting with an open topped Chally.

Blown7

Reaction score
The open top is to what I was referring. I heard that his was the design team having fun, and experimenting with an open topped Chally.

Even go back to the 1970's and steal the Trans Am/Camaro T top idea.....I think that would work with the racked back top rather well.

Users who are viewing this thread