Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The U.S. In Q1 2024!

Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) has reported a total sales figure of 332,540 vehicles during Q1 2024, which relates to a 10% decline in total U.S. sales compared to the previous year. Despite the decrease, Jeep®, Chrysler, and FIAT brands all showed increases in performance for the Q1 2024 period. “As Jeep® prepares to deliver its first fully electric vehicle, the Jeep Wagoneer S, in the U.S. in the second quarter, the brand saw significant growth across its portfolio in Q1, and the Jeep Wrangler 4xe and the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe are currently ranked the No. 1 and No. 2 … (read full article...)

tempImageei0hyK.png

Mike201

Reaction score
UGH! My stomach is turning. Not sure what has me more sick, the big decline in the Dodge brand as a whole, or the big decrease in Ram pick ups and the real big dip in the Pro Master! Hopefully the EV Pro Master will see in big increase with its Amazon contract!!!

Automan

Reaction score
Despite the decrease, Jeep®, Chrysler, and FIAT brands all showed increases in performance for the Q1 2024 period.

WTF do dat mean?

1 Viper sold in 2024?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Despite the decrease, Jeep®, Chrysler, and FIAT brands all showed increases in performance for the Q1 2024 period.

WTF do dat mean?

1 Viper sold in 2024?

It means that Jeep, Chrysler and FIAT all showed increases in units sold over the same time last year.

patfromigh

Reaction score
UGH! My stomach is turning. Not sure what has me more sick, the big decline in the Dodge brand as a whole, or the big decrease in Ram pick ups and the real big dip in the Pro Master! Hopefully the EV Pro Master will see in big increase with its Amazon contract!!!
Hopefully, the ProMaster sales drop will be addressed with the recent transformation of the fleet and commercial sales division, which began on March fifth. This is part of the Stellantis Pro One initiative announced last fall. The new sales division is now called Ram Professional with more support offered to customers, because for many businesses electrification requires charging stations and additional training for employees.

Personally, I think the Fiat Scudo should be brought over and sold here to replace the Ram ProMaster City. The PMC was based on the old Doblo, which was replaced around the time of the Stellantis merger. The newest Scudo would be closer in size to the discontinued PMC.The Scudo would have to be built in North America to avoid the chicken tax. The latest Doblo should be sold here as well. They should just import the short version with a rear bench seat and windows, calling it a station wagon. The imported Doblo should also offer a taxi package like the Promaster City did.

There should be hybrid options for the vans in addition to the battery electric option. The Diesel engines offered in Europe can't be brought into compliance with our emissions standards in a cost effective manner. Gasoline/ electric hybrids would answer the needs of a number of American business owners, especially with vans based on the Scudo and Doblo.

Hemidakota

Reaction score

WTF do dat mean?

1 Viper sold in 2024?
Someone had a new but old Viper still left in their inventory. Interesting though. It could have been a show room floor demo to attract buyers.

Mike201

Reaction score
Just saw this on Yahoo Finance, 4/4…..

Interesting, seems somebody gets it!

DETROIT (AP) — With U.S. electric vehicle sales starting to slow, Ford Motor Co. says it will delay rolling out new electric pickup trucks and a new large electric SUV as it adds gas-electric hybrids to its model lineup.

The Dearborn, Michigan, company said Thursday that a much ballyhooed new electric pickup to be built at a new factory in Tennessee will be delayed by a year until 2026.

The big electric SUV, with three rows of seats, will be delayed by two years until 2027 at the company's factory in Oakville, Ontario near Toronto.

TripleT

Reaction score
Performance mean profit, Sales mean volume..... There are no chargers and Challengers to sell, SO yes Volume is down. The ones the do have that have to last 300 more days are for high margins and I can attest to that.

Again they aren't selling Dixie cups.

MoparRay

Reaction score
With Stellantis raising prices and mis-marketing the line up. It's no wonder sales are down. They have a boatload of new Chargers and Challengers just sitting on dealers lot.
Stellantis is proving to be totally inept at running the Mopar brands. Why is there no small Wrangler that is affordable? Why don't they use an independent front suspension on the four door models?
How come there is only two suvs for Dodge? Where's the new mid-size Ram and Maverick competitor? They should put the Bevs on the back burner until they build up their line ups. The Bevs should be on high end products.
PSA is just as bad owner as Daimler and Fiat they should sell mopar brands to Hyundai/Kia.

TripleT

Reaction score
With Stellantis raising prices and mis-marketing the line up. It's no wonder sales are down. They have a boatload of new Chargers and Challengers just sitting on dealers lot.
Stellantis is proving to be totally inept at running the Mopar brands. Why is there no small Wrangler that is affordable? Why don't they use an independent front suspension on the four door models?
How come there is only two suvs for Dodge? Where's the new mid-size Ram and Maverick competitor? They should put the Bevs on the back burner until they build up their line ups. The Bevs should be on high end products.
PSA is just as bad owner as Daimler and Fiat they should sell mopar brands to Hyundai/Kia.
What is the motivation to sell those Chargers and Challengers for anything less than a bunch, at the moment??

AlexB

Reaction score
Charger production won't be in full gear until Fall 2025.
Charger inventory gotta last until the summer.
Wrangler isn't design to be " affordable", JL was developed with idea the JK product had too few options, too underpriced, too much contracted out production work. Keep in mind best selling JK models was upper trims & packages.

TripleT

Reaction score
Too many grew up in a day, where, Volume equaled success. Given that Mopar would never ever be able to compete purely based on capacity and spent nearly every ten years flirting with Bankruptcy.

Yet here we are again... OH NO not enough volume.... right in the middle of a capacity shuffle with a bunch of launches due in the next 2 years. What volume is down while they are shuffled..... NO KIDDING

Mike201

Reaction score
OK so we have a 300 day supply of chargers and challengers. What I don’t understand is that 300 day supply all high performance R/T models? So they are telling us that with that 300 day supply of challengers and chargers sitting on these Dodge lots none of them are SXT’s or GT‘s? If there are SXT‘s and GT’a sitting on the lots I’m finding it really hard to believe that dealers are asking $1000 or more above sticker price of what we consider a base model, charger or challenger. Something is off about this whole thing!!!

AlexB

Reaction score
OK so we have a 300 day supply of chargers and challengers. What I don’t understand is that 300 day supply all high performance R/T models? So they are telling us that with that 300 day supply of challengers and chargers sitting on these Dodge lots none of them are SXT’s or GT‘s? If there are SXT‘s and GT’a sitting on the lots I’m finding it really hard to believe that dealers are asking $1000 or more above sticker price of what we consider a base model, charger or challenger. Something is off about this whole thing!!!
Your local dealer could be greedy.... but already posted that full production of the Charger won't kick in until fall 2025.
Those models of the outgoing Charger/Challenger on the lots have got to last for the peak season of the sports/performance/muscle/pony category:The Summer Driving +Back-2-School season(June-to-United States Labor Day), with the big drop off in buyer interest after Columbus Day/Indigenous People Day/Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 14 this year).

ipa0628

Reaction score
The small dealer where I have bought 2 Rams and 2 Chargers from in the last 10 years has one Charger in stock and no Challengers.
The Charger is a GT with a sticker of 50,575.
Here is there pricing:
MSRP$50,575
Krebs Discount$3,253
Select Inventory Bonus Cash$2,000
Retail Consumer Cash$1,000
Stellantis US National Power Dollars Retail Bonus Cash$3,000
Everyone Qualifies Price$41,322
They are a no nonsense dealer. If it is advertised at that price, that is what you will pay.
The big volume dealer near me has SXT's for about 4K off sticker. This dealer has 32 Chargers in stock, about half are SXT's.
I don't think they want to sit on these things for a year.

TripleT

Reaction score
300 days is not enough..... I have seen 1 charger on the local lots one..... a GT

TripleT

Reaction score
The small dealer where I have bought 2 Rams and 2 Chargers from in the last 10 years has one Charger in stock and no Challengers.
The Charger is a GT with a sticker of 50,575.
Here is there pricing:
MSRP$50,575
Krebs Discount$3,253
Select Inventory Bonus Cash$2,000
Retail Consumer Cash$1,000
Stellantis US National Power Dollars Retail Bonus Cash$3,000
Everyone Qualifies Price$41,322
They are a no nonsense dealer. If it is advertised at that price, that is what you will pay.
The big volume dealer near me has SXT's for about 4K off sticker. This dealer has 32 Chargers in stock, about half are SXT's.
I don't think they want to sit on these things for a year.
If they don't want to sit on it for a year they are going to have NO ICE Chargers to sell for a long long long long time.

ipa0628

Reaction score
In the logic of some on here the dealers have to stretch product out for over 300 days until something new arrives.
That is a poor business model for the dealer. FCA and Stellantis left them with basically nothing to sell but high end cars and trucks., all in the name of maintaining margins and stock dividends. 2 Dodges, 1 Chrysler, a Compass and then a big jump to the GC. There is nothing in that sweet spot of mid sized SUV's where there is a big market.
There are plenty of people who own the high end cars and trucks that may have a couple kids in college. They might be paying 100K a year in tuition. They want something new and under 40K for their kid, the CJDR dealer can't meet their needs. They go elsewhere and maybe that kid, when they graduate liked the car they had, and go to that brand's dealer and purchase something else, maybe never looking at a Stellantis product again.
The promise of new product in a year or 2 doesn't help the dealers now. Chargers and Challengers are not where the volume is and if they price the new Charger at 50+, it too will sit and build inventory.
The company in it's product planning, put the dealers in a bad spot.

ipa0628

Reaction score
If they don't want to sit on it for a year they are going to have NO ICE Chargers to sell for a long long long long time.
What good does sitting on these cars do for the dealer? It costs them interest daily in the hopes someone may buy the car in 6 months at a 1000 more. Those that wanted the last call cars have bought theirs. Now, the rest are waiting for price reductions. The days of dealers getting well over sticker on these cars is done.

Users who are viewing this thread