Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Majority Of Dodge Charger Fans Will Opt For Hurricane Over EV

We have known for quite some time that an all-electric Dodge Charger was on the horizon. Now that the time has come, the ‘Brotherhood Of Muscle’ is out in force with a distaste for the new e-muscle car lineup. While Dodge says, ‘performance made us do it,’ most fans were happy with their V8-powered muscle cars. And while the new ‘mainstream’ e-muscle cars might outperform the non-SRT cars they are replacing, the market for electric vehicles (EVs) is slowing in North America. Now, while Dodge has pulled the covers off of its 400-volt e-muscle cars for 2024, there are still … (read full article...)

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.47.14 PM.jpeg

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I thought this was an April Fools thing, but it doesn't seem like it. Obviously, moparinsiders followers are not representative of all charger buyers, so a sample taken from that population is not valid. Yes, there has been pullback from EVs recently. However, average consumers are going to buy what is cheapest. Period. Plus, with the ability to now kick the tax break back to the dealer, I see A LOT of RT EV leases in the near future. Hopefully they will outnumber Teslas.

It's not.... after totalling the polls across our social media channels 86% said they are more interested in the Hurricane over the Daytona.

logan

Reaction score
Ya, I don't think it looks like a Charger...where is the side markings? Speed's nothing without the right look!

patfromigh

Reaction score
I suspect what we'll see a lot of is 48V mild hybrids. It won't be what's offered in today's Ram 1500, but with an electric motor in the transmission. The BSG will simply be for start/stop functions. Mild hybrid will be common and PHEV will be an option. I offer this only as an opinion based on educated guessing.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
I know a lot of people who agree with that. I have no interest in owning one either! A PHEV, maybe!
I won't say never because I hope I have a lot of time left for battery technology to evolve and finally we are making stride with fusion.

That said I am in love with our PHEV vehicles and am so glad the Mother Mopar has finally given us some to own. How Fed up the Hornet marketing is incredible.

Our JGC leaps off the line and pulls like Hemi, our little mini-Stelvio despite having a bigger back seat, quick little mini luxury vehicle.

All with getting gas once a month maybe, and never more than 7 gallons on the Tonale. Replacing the Parasitic drivetrain components with power adding components is such an obvious decision. With the right amount of marketing it become a pro-freemarket transition for people. Not interference like what is happening in the CARB states.

OEMs have to respond to the regulatory realities, hopefully regulators will wake up to true consumer demands, but what is more likely is they are fine moving people to public Transporation.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
But we’ve had those for over a decade. They aren’t and never were setting the world on fire.

Cheaper maybe, but better how?

We have, but only in certain products. Given the constant tax credit changes, it depends on how much of a rebate there is on them. I would have rather seen a HEMI® PHEV than no HEMI at all.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Right off the top of my head, a PHEV can operate in a zero emissions zone without penalty. Toyota's RAV4 PHEV is and when it was introduced a very popular product. It doesn't sell in huge numbers because of production constraints. Up until last year, the Prius Prime was a slow seller because it was an earlier generation plugin hybrid system in the older body style. Sales of the Prius Prime have now dramatically increased. The Ford Escape PHEV is a hot selling vehicle despite this model year's mandatory trim and option packages pushing the sticker price to near 50K.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I know this might seem miniscule to some but seeing that these are still pre-production vehicle I'm still hoping and praying that dodge fixes those doors!!!!!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS CHARGER PUT THE 68-70 SCALLOPS ON THOSE FRONT DOORS!!!!!!!!! The car is 99% spot on it just needs the doors fixed!!!!!

Look for the door scallop sticker package

Users who are viewing this thread