Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Lays Off 2% Of Its Workforce In The United States

In a move aimed at navigating the shifting terrain of the automotive industry, Stellantis North America has announced significant staffing cuts within its engineering, technology, and software divisions. The company, known for iconic brands such as Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, and Ram, revealed that approximately 400 white-collar employees, comprising about 2% of its workforce in the United States, will be affected by the layoffs. Stellantis spokesperson Jodi Tinson underscored the rationale behind the decision, stating, “As the auto industry continues to face unprecedented uncertainties and heightened competitive pressures around the world, Stellantis continues to make the appropriate structural decisions across the … (read full article...)

BU021_010EVdv5qh5ltoh8td8u73qn18ttrk-scaled-e1655751115754.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

T/A392

Reaction score
More frightening self destructive behavior. How much US talent is being forever lost, talent that will move to the competitors. PSA Group is hellbent on the destruction of Chrysler.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
More frightening self destructive behavior. How much US talent is being forever lost, talent that will move to the competitors. PSA Group is hellbent on the destruction of Chrysler.

I can't say you are wrong... it's about Tavares being a penny pincher. Got make that record profit every year.

Saltyferret

Reaction score
Actually, it's relocation of assets and control. Design is being sourced over seas. The closing of Auburn Hills is imminent. Plants in the US are retooled with garage sale materials or mothballed. Timing for product development and launch are ridiculously restricted. Underfunded, simultaneous tool and product development, and the elimination of management when they fail. The very dedicated and intelligent engineers I work with have had enough. Those that have the foresight/ability are leaving for other manufacturers or the business all together. All this, while the plants in France get all the resources, manpower, and time needed. Look up the videos of the Stellantis plants in France and you can easily see how much more is spent there. The N.A. senior management can not/will not stand up to their "partners" across the pond. The only thing that will slow this bleed off is for Americans to stop buying Stellantis products from overseas. Fiat, Alfa, ect. While those of you not directly in the industry may not see the "big deal", this is another nail in America's self sufficiency and destruction of the middle class. Wake up.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Actually, it's relocation of assets and control. Design is being sourced over seas. The closing of Auburn Hills is imminent. Plants in the US are retooled with garage sale materials or mothballed. Timing for product development and launch are ridiculously restricted. Underfunded, simultaneous tool and product development, and the elimination of management when they fail. The very dedicated and intelligent engineers I work with have had enough. Those that have the foresight/ability are leaving for other manufacturers or the business all together. All this, while the plants in France get all the resources, manpower, and time needed. Look up the videos of the Stellantis plants in France and you can easily see how much more is spent there. The N.A. senior management can not/will not stand up to their "partners" across the pond. The only thing that will slow this bleed off is for Americans to stop buying Stellantis products from overseas. Fiat, Alfa, ect. While those of you not directly in the industry may not see the "big deal", this is another nail in America's self sufficiency and destruction of the middle class. Wake up.
I'm crossing shopping BMW, Ford and Dodge. I may wind up just crossing shopping the Z4 and Mustang GT, maybe a used late Corvette C7.

AlexB

Reaction score
Financially or morally?
No more immoral than GM and Ford who made significantly more white collar & contractor reductions.
Call STLA Large products "Stellantis products from overseas" (like a certain user in this thread implied & claimed in their previous post history ) is height of individual IQ Bankruptcy.

Mopa

Reaction score
In a move aimed at navigating the shifting terrain of the automotive industry, Stellantis North America has announced significant staffing cuts within its engineering, technology, and software divisions. The company, known for iconic brands such as Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, and Ram, revealed that approximately 400 white-collar employees, comprising about 2% of its workforce in the United States, will be affected by the layoffs. Stellantis spokesperson Jodi Tinson underscored the rationale behind the decision, stating, “As the auto industry continues to face unprecedented uncertainties and heightened competitive pressures around the world, Stellantis continues to make the appropriate structural decisions across the … (read full article...)

View attachment 9339

Mopa

Reaction score
They make junk. I'm from a Mopar heritage since the Dodge Brothers. It's over in my family. We buy foreign vehicles now . Nothing but negative results with Mopar over the last thirty years. Poor build quality, poor customer service, poor design. Every name change was a decrease.

BWS1

Reaction score
Foreign vehicles . You’ll have to narrow that down a little. Do you prefer the Kentucky made Toyotas, Tennessee made VW, South Carolina BMW, Georgia made Mercedes, or how about the Chinese made Swedish Volvo, or the Polish made Italian Fiat? How about a Canadian Dodge or Chrysler. I’ve had excellent results with those two foreign cars in the last 20 years.If you’ve bought a Mopar in the last 30 years you bought a foreign owned car. So I guess foreign is not gonna be your solution.

T/A392

Reaction score
Foreign vehicles . You’ll have to narrow that down a little. Do you prefer the Kentucky made Toyotas, Tennessee made VW, South Carolina BMW, Georgia made Mercedes, or how about the Chinese made Swedish Volvo, or the Polish made Italian Fiat? How about a Canadian Dodge or Chrysler. I’ve had excellent results with those two foreign cars in the last 20 years.If you’ve bought a Mopar in the last 30 years you bought a foreign owned car. So I guess foreign is not gonna be your solution.
I love how this guy is talking on a mopar site. He obviously hates Chrysler or is just ignorant to the reality. Chrysler LLC cars are built in NORTH AMERICA, a tactic employed by all the big 3 since the turn of the century. And most importantly the R&D and corporate structure has been based in Detroit and Auburn Hills. Your Japanese brands are based in JAPAN.

BWS1

Reaction score
I love how this guy is talking on a mopar site. He obviously hates Chrysler or is just ignorant to the reality. Chrysler LLC cars are built in NORTH AMERICA, a tactic employed by all the big 3 since the turn of the century. And most importantly the R&D and corporate structure has been based in Detroit and Auburn Hills. Your Japanese brands are based in JAPAN.
Like the Chrysler Conquest, Chrysler Crossfire, late 70’s Dodge Challenger, Dodge Hornet, Plymouth Laser? Ever heard of any of these? Yeah I hate Chrysler , owned about 40 Mopars in my lifetime, have four in the driveway now. But I got news for you , it’s over. Mopar as you want to know it is toast and has been for years. Get ready for a parade of global cars with very little ties to the US and especially Detroit . Of Stel. Even occupies Auburn Hills 10 years from now it will be a miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread