Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfa Romeo Tonale and Dodge Hornet Recalled Due To Label Error

Stellantis, the parent company of Dodge and Alfa Romeo, has issued a recall for certain models of the Dodge Hornet and Alfa Romeo Tonale due to incorrect weight capacity labels. This recall affects approximately 36,093 crossovers in the United States and an additional 5,878 in Canada, manufactured for the 2023 to 2024 model years. What’s the issue? The problem lies with the tire placard label, which displays the maximum vehicle weight capacity. Stellantis discovered that the information on these labels was incorrect, potentially leading owners to overload their vehicles. Exceeding the weight capacity can affect the vehicle’s stability and handling, … (read full article...)

tempImagemOm1gQ.png

BWS1

Reaction score
Finally saw a few Hornets in my local area. Four of them lined up at the Enterprise rental lot. This had been the most pitiful showing I’ve seen in quite a while for a new model launch

cgseller

Reaction score
Finally saw a few Hornets in my local area. Four of them lined up at the Enterprise rental lot. This had been the most pitiful showing I’ve seen in quite a while for a new model launch
Yes, this surely requires some serious retrospective of what caused this to not gain attraction or attention. I'm sure so many here have their theories and experiences, but I hope the company does a serious "ride along" to find out why people shy away from them.

While dealer input is valuable data, you can't trust that alone as there is too much bias and variability there
MoparInsiders input is valuable data, but we are too bias and self-selecting

---

switching focus, would those here like to see the Hornet turned into amore GT model hybrid that is more into Dodge's current focus and a BEV version with more experimental styling language as a Chrysler? (differentiation in terms of 500X versus Renegade moreso than Cirrus versus Stratus)

TripleT

Reaction score
I like the way the Tonale was launched in Europe, the entire thing with the Tonale and Hornet in NA seems botched.

While on one side of the ocean you have stellar reviews comparing it to BMW, Volvo, and Mercedes. Winning car of the year awards and Green car awards over here crickets.

Certainly, on the Tonale side it just "reach", just so few dealers, the small dealers like the one closest to me have no inventory or willingness to deal. I had to find one nearly 2 hours away at a big dealer. GREAT DEALERSHIP BTW.

On the Hornet Side they don't seem to know what they have to sell. Is it a baby Charger or Challenger? NO it something different. Its quick, agile, and mostly efficient. Yet that doesn't even seem mentioned in the Ads. It's also oddly packed from an option perspective which makes it expensive. I am starting to see them on the Roads lately so maybe people are catching on, on there own because the ad work doesn't seem to speak of the truth of what the Car is.

Remember in the EU they have Diesel and Mild Hybrid...

I know this because I Crossed shopped. When my beloved sniff sniff like new Scat Pack was taken from me, I made the decision that I would hold off replacing it until I get a garage and will get a 60's Car to replace it. So I just want a car that would serve as a daily driver. We Love our JGC 4xE so we want another PHEV. Most of driving is less that 40 miles. They are quick, agile, well equipped (like a small Luxury car), fun to drive, and extremely efficient. Yet who would know from the public add perspective. Very few people would take he time I did to watch reviews from Europe.

Then pretending the cars are the same. The Tonale has very Alfa IP, The Dodge looks like what it is a Alfa they added Dodge IP to. I person they do have different Character more so then people let on.

In he end it a Green car that isn't an Appliance and should be marketed as Such.

Attachments

• 1710505333469.png
    1710505333469.png
    482.3 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The article has been updated...

Users who are viewing this thread